Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] The colored name of a math helper

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I don't like the gray color of a Math-helper , I don't know whether others feel the same way ?

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
On the one hand, I agree, it doesn't "pop" that well.

On the other, it *should* be more muted than the staff colors, so that THEY stand out like they should.

So not sure what options that leaves us with....

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello Zaid,

Here is the current color scheme for the various user groups:

MHB Ambassador
MHB Math Helper
MHB Site Helper
MHB Moderator
MHB Global Moderator
MHB Administrator

If you had your pick, to what color would you change MHB Math Helpers?

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I would switch the colors between Inactive math helpers and math helpers.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I don't like the gray color of a Math-helper , I don't know whether others feel the same way ?
Do you like the cool color of a site helper better ZaidAlyafey? ;)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I would switch the colors between Inactive math helpers and math helpers.
Inactive math helpers currently have no markup at all, either for color or boldface/italics. Are you talking about previous colors, like the light blue?

One rather large issue with changing colors is that we'd really want to change the username markup color in connection with the badge color. As I no longer have access to the LabVIEW version I used to generate the badges, I would need to come up with entirely new badges. It's possible to do this, of course, but I'd need to spend some time on it. I may want to spend some time on it anyway, since we're kind of stuck with what we have until I introduce some new badges.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Inactive math helpers currently have no markup at all, either for color or boldface/italics. Are you talking about previous colors, like the light blue?
I am only talking about changing the gray color to light blue.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I am only talking about changing the gray color to light blue.
Right. The problem is that I can't change the badge nearly as easily as the markup for the username. At least, not now, as I no longer have access to LabVIEW.

I will think about a way to change the badges. We need a system to which we will have long-term access, and that can produce great-looking badges.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I appreciate the feedback Zaid but unless a larger amount of people agree it should be changed, my thoughts are we can't really do this. If more members show interest in this then taking a vote seems reasonable. Imagine the implications of debating color schemes with everyone. We all can have different opinions and it could easily be a nightmare if we open up this dialogue about the way other things are colored as well. Anyway, please always let us know your thoughts but in this case I'm against changing the color.