CO2 and Kr Mixture: Calculating Original CO2 and Recoverable Kr Amounts

• Thread starter babbagee
  • Start date
In summary, a mixture of CO2 and Kr weighs 35.0 g and exerts a pressure of .708 atm in its container. To recover Kr from the mixture, the CO2 is removed by absorption with NaOH(s), resulting in a pressure of .250 atm. Using the partial pressure ratio and molar ratio, the individual masses of the original compounds can be calculated to determine how many grams of CO2 were present and how many grams of Kr can be recovered. This process should not be too difficult and can be completed within 24 hours for free on the General Chemistry Homework website.
babbagee
A misture of CO2 and Kr weighs 35.0 g and exerts a pressure of .708 atm in its container. Since Kr is expensive, you wish to recover it from the mixture. Afterthe CO2 is completely removed by absorption with NaOH(s), the pressure in the container is .250 atm. How many grams of CO2 were originally present? How many grams of Kr can you recover?

I have no idea how to do this?
Thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
It would be of no help if we will give you logical reason at first site, which you yourself think first pls reply with whatever you have thought while attempting the problem

Remember that the partial pressure ratio is the molar ratio. From the molar ratio calculate the mass ratio. From the mass ratio find the individual masses of the original compounds.

It shouldn't be too difficult.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

General Chemistry Homework
All questions answered for free within 24 hours
http://groups.msn.com/GeneralChemistryHomework [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

1. What does "Need some more help" mean?

"Need some more help" can mean that the person needs further assistance or support with a specific task or problem.

2. How can I offer more help to someone who says "Need some more help"?

You can ask them specifically what they need help with and offer your assistance in that area. You can also ask them how you can support them in completing the task or solving the problem.

3. Is it necessary to ask for more help when someone says "Need some more help"?

It depends on the situation. If you are able to offer help and the person seems to need it, it can be beneficial to ask for more details and offer your assistance. However, if the person seems to have everything under control, it may not be necessary to ask for more help.

4. How can I effectively communicate that I need more help?

You can directly say "I need more help" or you can explain exactly what you need help with. It can also be helpful to express your gratitude for any help that has already been provided.

5. What should I do if I am struggling and someone says "Need some more help"?

You should communicate your struggles and ask for more specific assistance or guidance. It is important to be honest and open about your needs in order to receive the appropriate help.