Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
Originally posted by J-Man
No, you just don't like typing too much.

How many nits could a nit-picker pick if a nit-picker could pick nits?

As many nits as the nit-picker could pick, you nit-wit!

There are people who are "witty". And there are people who are "half-wits". But what about other fractions? What's a "quarter-wit", or a "third-wit".

Physics news on Phys.org
Origianlly asked by Mentat

There are people who are "witty". And there are people who are "half-wits". But what about other fractions? What's a "quarter-wit", or a "third-wit".

Nope there are only 1/2 wits, the rest are witless!

If you are tuly "witless", does that preclude you from being a wit-ness?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Nope there are only 1/2 wits, the rest are witless!

If you are tuly "witless", does that preclude you from being a wit-ness?

Let me think about that for a while...
hmm...
uh...42!

How old is God?

Originally asked by Mentat

How old is God?

About as old as a creator of a universe can be, thought of as, "to the Nth degree, and BeYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND" !

How far past the Nth degree can you go?

About as old as a creator of a universe can be, thought of as, "to the Nth degree, and BeYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND" !

How far past the Nth degree can you go?

About NN.

Am I conscious?

Originally posted by Mentat

Am I conscious?

Only if you are not consciously asking the question, cause a conscious person doesn't ask if they are conscious, only unconscious people ask if they are conscious.

Get it?

Last edited:
Originally asked by Mr. Robin Parsons
Get it?
No, Segways are overrated. And probably misspelled.

What would happen if we really gave peace a chance?

No, Segways are overrated. And probably misspelled.

What would happen if we really gave peace a chance?

The very fabric of spacetime itself would destroy itself. Sudden, and utter, chaos would errupt. Nothing could ever exist again. All because humans defied their nature :wink:.

What would happen if I traveled to the past and killed my grandfather, before he gave birth to my father?

A giant golden and divinely floating 42 would appear and smite thee most dreadfully.

What would happen if Alexander became a christian one day?

that will be the end of the world

what is the most stuped question in this topic?

Originally asked by MSI

what is the most stuped question in this topic?

The one that didn't ask a question, but rather, responded to the answer, that the question, didn't ask!

Is the reason that there is no word, in the English language, that rhymes with Orange, because none of the other words can reach a note in the O'range??

Is the reason that there is no word, in the English language, that rhymes with Orange, because none of the other words can reach a note in the O'range??

maybe.

if beauty is in the eye of the beholder than why hasn't anyone thought of finding this "Beholder", scooping out his eyes, eating them, and thus become beautyful (or full-of-beauty)?

Originallyposted by Maximus

if beauty is in the eye of the beholder than why hasn't anyone thought of finding this "Beholder", scooping out his eyes, eating them, and thus become beautyful (or full-of-beauty)?

Well since it is you who are/is the beholder, well, I wouldn't recommend that you try it, cause you won't be able to see outer beauty anymore, and I doubt that it will increase you ability to see inner beauty any better then with your eyes functioning properly.

Stay Beautiful, inside, and out!

The is a new theory out, "Massless Dark Matter" Do you think it will matter?

The is a new theory out, "Massless Dark Matter" Do you think it will matter?

not massivly...

if someone touched your godhead, how would it feel?

Originally posted by maximus
not massivly...

if someone touched your godhead, how would it feel?

Uh, ain't that a little private to be talking about on the PFs? (Pun intended.)

Does anything rhyme with purple?

Does anything rhyme with purple?

Murple!

if you were a nun, could you ever make a pun?

Murple!

if you were a nun, could you ever make a pun?

Son, it should be pretty fun to see a nun make a pun, but there are none, who'd make a pun, under the sun.

Is this statement false?

Son, it should be pretty fun to see a nun make a pun, but there are none, who'd make a pun, under the sun.

Is this statement false?

well, first off, i am not your son. secondly, it would not be fun. also, there are many nuns who I'm sure would love to make a pun, but for the love of god, not under the sun! they'de melt!

have you ever noticed that the first letter of every second letter in the third letter of everyones first name is actually the ninth letter of the the second alphabet, and is always divisable by three?

well, first off, i am not your son. secondly, it would not be fun. also, there are many nuns who I'm sure would love to make a pun, but for the love of god, not under the sun! they'de melt!

have you ever noticed that the first letter of every second letter in the third letter of everyones first name is actually the ninth letter of the the second alphabet, and is always divisable by three?

umm, no, its 3.14159

What is the fifth number of our alphabet?

Originally posted by Cummings
umm, no, its 3.14159

What is the fifth number of our alphabet?

um...B. No, 6. No...ummm...42!

How come a tree's rings tell you how old the tree is, don't they have any shame?

How come a tree's rings tell you how old the tree is, don't they have any shame?

becuase trees, like lettuce and mustard, grow only more respectable with age.

why doesn't the devil face work?

Originally asked by Maximus

why doesn't the devil face work?

Ah, but you are fooled, as it is the devils greatest trick, making you think he doesn't exist, when all the time you are being seduced by his D'evil!

And now, the "Homer(s)ized" version...

Is the reason that there is no word, in the English language, that rhymes with Orange, because none of the other words can reach a note in the d'Oh-range??

(As suggested by; "A friend"..Tee heee heee heheheheheheheheR?)

Last edited:
Is the reason that there is no word, in the English language, that rhymes with Orange, because none of the other words can reach a note in the d'Oh-range??
No, gorange rhymes with orange and is clearly in the d'oh! range.

<------d'oh!------->
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;gorange

see?

Insert Homer (here)

Originally asked by J-Man

see?

WHat? where? D'Oh, Ya!, that! there! yup!

Have you ever used, ooooor, been a Victim of …….
"Reverse Bumpkin Tecka-Gnawl-(d')O(h)-GEE!"??

Last edited:

Have you ever used, ooooor, been a Victim of …….
"Reverse Bumpkin Tecka-Gnawl-(d')O(h)-GEE!"??
I never even knew there was such a thing.

If the airspeed velocity of an unladen, (European,) swallow is 42 knots North, but it's airspeed velocity when laden, (with say a 2 lb. coconut,) is only 17 knots (whatever direction,) what time does the train arrive at the station?

If the airspeed velocity of an unladen, (European,) swallow is 42 knots North, but it's airspeed velocity when laden, (with say a 2 lb. coconut,) is only 17 knots (whatever direction,) what time does the train arrive at the station?

Well, if the bird (That's me?) uses "Reverse Bumpkin Technology" (patents pending, BTW) then the right hand rules tells us that the summation fo the vectors cancels out to twelve gad-zillion meters per half year, (squared...naturally) in hyperspacatial reality, but in this dimensionality, the train got derailed, so at 42 O'clock!

When Mr, Robin Parsons, representing the (Wild ) bear, called himself the (i)D(i)ot typissst, was it apparent to you that his use of the two ( ) around his iconographic i was actually to indicate the reflective qualities of mirrors, to the effect that the D could be seen as 'duplicable', ERGO creating the actual title of (i)D (i)Dot, which is a representation of the actuality of a human, with respect to creation, (My ID is simply I'DOT), and that the furthering of this analogy is found in the generation of this iconographic illustration of humanity to include the "Corporeally Ensconced Mind" (that is a Human being) represented by the i, (which is the mind, above the body that it is ensconced within) which is a product of a mirroring effect itself, (hence the two mirrors ( )) ensconcing/generating the i) is further "Universally Humanized in Commonality" by the (i)D (i)Dot's Title in it's signification of the very self reflective quality of being human, such that if you couldn't distinguish between the self generation of i's, then you probably really are (the one and only, as the people in this forum do NOT qualify for such a title, BUT, there is that Universal LAW that states; “There is an exception to EVERY RULE!) a true, and actual, the one and only, in the entire Universe, idiot?

Well, if the bird (That's me?) uses "Reverse Bumpkin Technology" (patents pending, BTW) then the right hand rules tells us that the summation fo the vectors cancels out to twelve gad-zillion meters per half year, (squared...naturally) in hyperspacatial reality, but in this dimensionality, the train got derailed, so at 42 O'clock!

When Mr, Robin Parsons, representing the (Wild ) bear, called himself the (i)D(i)ot typissst, was it apparent to you that his use of the two ( ) around his iconographic i was actually to indicate the reflective qualities of mirrors, to the effect that the D could be seen as 'duplicable', ERGO creating the actual title of (i)D (i)Dot, which is a representation of the actuality of a human, with respect to creation, (My ID is simply I'DOT), and that the furthering of this analogy is found in the generation of this iconographic illustration of humanity to include the "Corporeally Ensconced Mind" (that is a Human being) represented by the i, (which is the mind, above the body that it is ensconced within) which is a product of a mirroring effect itself, (hence the two mirrors ( )) ensconcing/generating the i) is further "Universally Humanized in Commonality" by the (i)D (i)Dot's Title in it's signification of the very self reflective quality of being human, such that if you couldn't distinguish between the self generation of i's, then you probably really are (the one and only, as the people in this forum do NOT qualify for such a title, BUT, there is that Universal LAW that states; “There is an exception to EVERY RULE!) a true, and actual, the one and only, in the entire Universe, idiot?

Is that even a quetion?

Originally asked by mentat

Is that even a quetion?

D'Oh look, "Reverse Bumpkin Technology" (patents pending) at work!

What does "Patents Pending" really mean??

What does "Patents Pending" really mean??
It comes from the Greek words "paten" (pants) and "tspen" (to sue) and "ding" (dang). Literally, "to sue your dang pants off."

Why do they want your pants?

Origially asked by J-Man

Why do they want your pants?

So they can "pend" them what else would/could it have been!

Is the word "Karaoke" translated into English, "Karry-Off-Key"??

Is the word "Karaoke" translated into English, "Karry-Off-Key"??
Yes, but most people screw it up and translate it as "Barry's Monkey", and their voice cracks when they say it.

Is the world safe from joggers?

Yes, but most people screw it up and translate it as "Barry's Monkey", and their voice cracks when they say it.

Is the world safe from joggers?

You mean, is the safe jog from worlders? Or, is the jog world from safers?

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it kill a squirrel?

Originally asked by Mentat
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it kill a squirrel?

Well now, the tree falling at angle &Theta; with the cooresponding angle of interferential differentiation being &alpha; twix the variable of the known &alpha;/&Omega; range, the squirrel, {if present} must execute a double back-flipping summersault, at an inverted angle of
&zeta; * &asymp; thus arranging for the momentum to be &equiv; to &plusmn; the &radic; &pi; thus obtaining the maximum velocity achievable as to ensure that, (if the squirrel is present) the last longest branch may, or may not, strike the squirrel firmly and soundly, hence making it much simpler for all of us to enjoy squirrel "frikase'e" this evening.

If Ms. Spelt, miss spelt, misspelled, would she need a legal name change?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
If Ms. Spelt, miss spelt, misspelled, would she need a legal name change?
Only if she married Mr. Spelling, cause she'd then be 'Misses Spelling'.

Why do people tell me I'm out of shape? After all, 'round' is a shape.

Why do people tell me I'm out of shape? After all, 'round' is a shape.

Because it doesn't fit into there 'square thinking' minds!

Why does a "Square Thinking Mind" not fit into a round hole??

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.