Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The ads on MHB

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
This is not an objection after all we need the income, but I cannot help say I am amused to see the CougarLife ad, I presume for ladies of a certain age, it appears to facilitate meeting "younger men"....(Giggle)

Also, if you see it I see no reason not to click on the MathType ad, it is always interesting to see what they are up to, apparently they have integrated MathType with Windows 7 hand writing recognition.

CB

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I can edit the settings to not advertise certain kinds of ads. I'm currently getting ready to fly across the world but I'll get on this in a couple days when I'm home and over jet lag. Thanks for pointing this out.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I can edit the settings to not advertise certain kinds of ads. I'm currently getting ready to fly across the world but I'll get on this in a couple days when I'm home and over jet lag. Thanks for pointing this out.
Hey, you coming back to the States for a while? Maybe you'll have a little time to shore up a few of the outstanding issues?

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
[exaggerated shock and mild sarcasm]Wait...flying off across the world? Wasn't that Mathguru's excuse?![/exaggerated shock and mild sarcasm]

Last edited:

Mr Fantastic

Jan 26, 2012
There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation. Jameson's post is clearly the latter.

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation. Jameson's post is clearly the latter.
I should have perhaps put my reply in [exaggerated shock and mild sarcasm] mode. Let me just edit it now...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I was being literal. I just traveled for over 24 hours through three countries. I met my family, said hello and then immediately came on MHB and have been posting here when I should be sleeping. I think you're joking so I just wanted to clarify. I'm so tired my joke radar is really off...

Last edited:

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
I was being literal. I just traveled for over 24 hours through three countries. I met my family, said hello and then immediately came on MHB and have been posting here when I should be sleeping. I think you're joking so I just wanted to clarify. I'm so tired my joke radar is really off...
Yes, I was. That was what the [exaggerated shock and mild sarcasm] mode was meant to imply. It is too late to put it into [joke] mode too though...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Yes, I was. That was what the [exaggerated shock and mild sarcasm] mode was meant to imply. It is too late to put it into [joke] mode too though...
No worries. I've made tons of jokes that people don't get and then they stare with that look of "who do you think you are?". :)

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
That reminds me, I need to whitelist MHB in Adblock

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
That reminds me, I need to whitelist MHB in Adblock
I've done the same, but more so just to check that they are still running. Good to see you here!

Hey, you coming back to the States for a while? Maybe you'll have a little time to shore up a few of the outstanding issues?
Sorry I never answered this. Yep, I'm back and until I start my studies again I will have a lot more free time for here!

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Ok I have blocked ads pertaining to the categories "dating" as well as "sexual and reproductive health". Please let me know if any other kinds of inappropriate ads are being displayed.