Fundamentals of physics book solutions

In summary, the conversation is about finding solutions to physics problems. The person is studying on their own and has a book but cannot find solutions. They ask for help finding solutions online and the other person suggests using a solutions manual or working through the problems together. The person mentions having a solutions manual for a different book and the other person asks for their opinion on which book is better. The second person recommends a book with good examples and well-organized problems, but also mentions that it is calculus-based.
hhegab
Hi
Well, I am doing all the study of physics here by myself. I have The fundamentals of physics book, but all I need is the solutions to its problems. I have tried to search for such solutions but I could not find any, do you think you can help me in finding some of the solutions?

hhegab

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you mean an online solutions manual, or working the solutions out in this forum? I don't think there is an online manual. I do have solutions manuals for Halliday, Resnick and Walker from when I taught Physics I/II/III, but I have only hardcopies.

Well, as I said I have the book and I do study it all by myself. But sometmes I face challenging problems (who doesn't) and I was told that I can find a solution manual on the web, html or pdf. that is what I am asking for. SO can anyone help?

hhegab

Doesn't it say where you can find the solutions?

Unfortunately, NO :(
I am to google agian for these solutions. Thank you.

hhegab

Well, I have this question now in my mind, which is better in your opinion:
Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday and Resnick, or
Physics for Scientists and Engineers, by Raymond Serway?

hhegab

If you are being self taught, the ladder book has some pretty good examples, but is pretty vague on the theory. The problems in the Physics for Scientists and Engineers are very well organized and color coded for difficulty. I am not familiar with the first book so I don't know. The second book is all calculus based. So I hope that you have a heavy hand in that, because it assumes and requires that you know it.

Peace out

M2k

1. What is the "Fundamentals of Physics" book?

The "Fundamentals of Physics" book is a popular introductory textbook for students studying physics. It covers a wide range of topics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

2. Who is the author of the "Fundamentals of Physics" book?

The "Fundamentals of Physics" book is authored by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker. The first edition was published in 1960, and the latest edition (11th) was released in 2020.

3. Are there solutions available for the problems in the "Fundamentals of Physics" book?

Yes, there are solutions available for the problems in the "Fundamentals of Physics" book. The authors have also published a separate book, "Student Solutions Manual for Fundamentals of Physics," which contains fully worked-out solutions to selected problems.

4. Is the "Fundamentals of Physics" book suitable for self-study?

While the "Fundamentals of Physics" book is primarily designed for use in college-level physics courses, it can also be used for self-study. The book provides clear explanations and examples, and the problems range from basic to challenging, making it suitable for independent learning.

5. How is the "Fundamentals of Physics" book different from other physics textbooks?

The "Fundamentals of Physics" book is known for its clear and concise writing style, as well as its focus on fundamental principles and applications of physics. It also includes a significant number of real-world examples, illustrations, and end-of-chapter problems to aid in understanding and retention of concepts.