Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

That blasted helicopter game

Jayden

Jun 6, 2012
I swear I will get the high score if it's the last thing I do...

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
It's really not easy :(

checkittwice

Apr 3, 2012
What are you talking about with "the high score?" It doesn't exist as I know it.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
What are you talking about with "the high score?" It doesn't exist as I know it.
If you go to the arcade, the game "Chopper Challenge" does have a high score. Sudharaka is currently the champion of this game.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi Jayden, :)

The current high score is the best I could produce. After making that score I never played that game again, partly because I was certain it would stay there for some time and partly because I was fed up with the game.

If you somehow beat it, I am sure you can keep that little trophy beside your avatar for a long time. :)
One thing I could tell you is, try to master the skill of going above and below the obstacles with the same amount of proficiency. If you try to go above the obstacles all the time, that wont work in the long run. Try to deliberately go below the obstacles and be good at it.

Good luck!

If you go to the arcade, the game "Chopper Challenge" does have a high score. Sudharaka is currently the champion of this game.
By the way Jameson, do you play Multiplayer chess in the arcade? What is your username there? :)

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
By the way Jameson, do you play Multiplayer chess in the arcade? What is your username there? :)
I play sometimes although lately a lot less. Usually I just go with the default user name "Somebody" and some numbers after the "y". It would be fun to play sometime but I think we should get a better chess game on MHB first. It's not the best from my experience so we could certainly use a nicer one. Have you played there?

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Great, now I'm addicted to this game (or at least, beating the high score). My best score is 787 so far... but I always get hit by one of those rotating pillars eventually. There is a certain amount of random chance involved, I often found myself crashing unfairly with no chance of avoiding the obstacle!

For what it's worth, I noticed I did a better job at avoiding near collisions when I looked at the game with peripheral vision only. Perhaps this will help someone (or not)

So... Sudharaka, how long did you play to get this high score? (Malthe)

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I play sometimes although lately a lot less. Usually I just go with the default user name "Somebody" and some numbers after the "y". It would be fun to play sometime but I think we should get a better chess game on MHB first. It's not the best from my experience so we could certainly use a nicer one. Have you played there?

Yep. I have played a couple of times. I also do think we should have a better chess game. The most problematic aspect of that game is you cannot register and have a username permanently.

Great, now I'm addicted to this game (or at least, beating the high score). My best score is 787 so far... but I always get hit by one of those rotating pillars eventually. There is a certain amount of random chance involved, I often found myself crashing unfairly with no chance of avoiding the obstacle!

For what it's worth, I noticed I did a better job at avoiding near collisions when I looked at the game with peripheral vision only. Perhaps this will help someone (or not)

So... Sudharaka, how long did you play to get this high score? (Malthe)
As far as I can remember, a couple of hours but not continuously(on different days). Yep, I also think you should have a little bit of luck as well. :)

checkittwice

Apr 3, 2012
This copter game is small in view, moves extra fast, and is particularly
sensitive to the copter rising so fast to hit the top with just a finger tap
(or falling to the bottom just as fast when letting go).

Has anyone played the different game "Fly the copter" elsewhere on the Internet?

It is not so hyper and sensitive as this site's game and can be changed to full screen.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
It's really not easy :(
Yet you managed to steel the title from me again. (Doh) Congratulations, it's quite amazing to see a score of nearly 2000. Surely you are unbeatable. (Happy)

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Yet you managed to steel the title from me again. (Doh) Congratulations, it's quite amazing to see a score of nearly 2000. Surely you are unbeatable. (Happy)
(Party)

Took many attempts although I've not been playing constantly since May

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I just topped 2000 points. (Rock)

I enlarge the game to 200% and play it several times a day until I got better at it. It can be quite a frustrating game! (Emo)(Rofl)