Thank you for your understanding.

In summary, the conversation is about finding the maximum volume of a beam that can be cut from a tree trunk with a truncated cone shape. The trunk has a length of 2 meters and its bases have diameters of 10 cm and 20 cm. The conversation also discusses different equations and asks for clarification on the problem, as well as the possibility of errors in the given answer. A diagram is requested to better understand the problem.
leprofece
A tree trunk is shaped like a truncated cone it has 2 m of length and diameters of their bases are 10 cm and 20 cm. Cut a square straight section so that the axis of the beam coincides with the axis of the truncated cone. find the beam volume maximum that can be drawn from this form.

answer 13,3 cm 13,3 cm y 133 cm

I have no idea maybe the equations are

truncated cone
V = Pir^2H/3

a = piR^2

r= D/2

Physics news on Phys.org
Re: max and min 289

I get completely different answers, which leads me to believe I am not interpreting your intentions correctly. Could you provide a diagram? You can draw a crude sketch using a graphics editing program (MS Paint if you run Windows) and upload it as an attachment. Unless we know what the problem is asking, we are at a loss to help you. Help us to help you. :D

Re: max and min 289

MarkFL said:
I get completely different answers, which leads me to believe I am not interpreting your intentions correctly. Could you provide a diagram? You can draw a crude sketch using a graphics editing program (MS Paint if you run Windows) and upload it as an attachment. Unless we know what the problem is asking, we are at a loss to help you. Help us to help you. :D
volume cone truncated=[ (R²+r²+ R.r).¶.H]/ 3, with R=radio major bass
r radio bass minor
The tree trunk has two circles that are equals
its diaMEters are 10 and 20 cm so radius are 5 and 10
The two axes are equals when I cut the trunk
What is the trunk of max volume
If it is your interpretacion
this may be the answer because the books sometimes has mistakes

It is very easy suposse the graph so the book may be it is wrong

r radio bass minor
this may be the answer because the books sometimes has mistakesIt is very easy suposse the graph so the book may be it is wrong

leprofece said:
r radio bass minor
this may be the answer because the books sometimes has mistakesIt is very easy suposse the graph so the book may be it is wrong

Hello leprofece,

Repeating a post previously made or otherwise posting without adding anything new is what's called "bumping." We ask that you do not do this, as given in our first rule:

No bumping. Bumping a thread is posting a reply to that thread solely to raise its profile and return it to the top of the active threads list. This is forbidden at MHB. If you want to draw attention to an unanswered thread, then post something of value such as further progress. It is also forbidden to bump one thread by drawing attention to it in a different thread.

You are always welcome to post your progress or further thoughts, etc., but please do not simply repeat a previous post to draw further attention to a thread. This draws the attention of our helpers, and when we see that nothing new has been added, it has wasted our time. I hope you can understand why this rule has been established and how it makes MHB more efficient for everyone involved.

Now, I am waiting for you to provide a diagram, as I simply am not clear from your description what the problem actually is. A diagram would tell me what is actually being asked. Please help us to help you. :D

Related to Thank you for your understanding.

1. What is the "Volume Maximization Problem"?

The Volume Maximization Problem is a mathematical optimization problem where the goal is to find the maximum possible volume of a given object, subject to certain constraints. This problem is commonly encountered in fields such as engineering, economics, and physics.

2. What are the typical constraints in a Volume Maximization Problem?

The constraints in a Volume Maximization Problem vary depending on the specific scenario, but they often include limitations on the dimensions or materials of the object, as well as any budget or time constraints.

3. How is the Volume Maximization Problem solved?

The Volume Maximization Problem is typically solved using mathematical techniques such as calculus and linear algebra. The specific method used will depend on the constraints and variables involved in the problem.

4. Can the Volume Maximization Problem be applied to real-world situations?

Yes, the Volume Maximization Problem is commonly used in real-world scenarios to optimize the design and production of various objects, such as buildings, containers, and vehicles. It is also used in economic and financial analysis to maximize profits or returns.

5. Are there any limitations or challenges to solving the Volume Maximization Problem?

One of the main challenges in solving the Volume Maximization Problem is the complexity of the equations and calculations involved. Additionally, real-world scenarios may have more complex constraints and variables, making it difficult to find an exact solution.