Testing multipole expansion Application ID: 31901

In summary, Multipole expansion is a mathematical technique used in science to simplify complex systems and make predictions about their behavior. It is applied in testing to analyze performance and optimize designs. However, it has limitations as it assumes equilibrium and small interactions. Some real-world applications include analyzing molecules, electromagnetic fields, and predicting fluid and gas behavior.
dan_smith
like in the manual i have done the following steps
1.built 100nm radius sphere
2.pressed build all
3. added air material
4.added silicon materal withrefractive index 1.5
5. selected all the domains and pressed Build All

but when i press both "test application" or "compute"
i get an empty screen.
is there some video of running this application?
or where did i go wrong?

thank

2rze6ac.jpg

6eg8ed.jpg

https://www.comsol.asia/model/multipole-analysis-of-electromagnetic-scattering-31901

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is a video tutorial for the model you have described. It should help you understand the steps you need to take in order to get the simulation running.

Related to Testing multipole expansion Application ID: 31901

What is multipole expansion?

Multipole expansion is a mathematical technique used to describe the behavior of a system by breaking it down into simpler components.

Why is multipole expansion important in science?

Multipole expansion allows scientists to simplify complex systems and make predictions about their behavior. It is used in many fields, including physics, chemistry, and engineering.

How is multipole expansion applied in testing?

In testing, multipole expansion is used to analyze the performance of systems and identify potential sources of error. It can also be used to optimize the design of experiments and simulations.

What are some limitations of multipole expansion?

Multipole expansion assumes that the system being studied is in equilibrium and that all interactions are small. This may not always be the case, leading to inaccuracies in the results.

What are some real-world applications of multipole expansion?

Multipole expansion is used in a wide range of scientific and technological applications, including analyzing the structure of molecules, studying the behavior of electromagnetic fields, and predicting the behavior of fluids and gases.