Test Your Knowledge: A Little Quiz on US Activities in the Middle East

In summary, the conversation involved a person asking a series of yes or no questions about the impact of US economic and military activities in the Middle East, as well as the actions and awareness of the US administration and its involvement in conflicts. The other person expressed frustration with the first person's approach and questioned their motives. The expert summarizer responded with short answers to each question, avoiding any additional commentary.
Artman said:
1. Yes and No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. This is not a Yes or No question.
7. No
8. Yes (even though I answered no to Q7 that does not mean they are not aware of this possibility.)
9. No (Not ALL people)
10. Yes
11. Yes and No (It's a big country)
12. I am not qualified to answer this.
13. Yes (and I'm sure any other candidate as well. I believe it is legal to a certain limit.)

Now you answer some Yes or No questions for me:

1. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens watch TV?

2. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens surf the internet?

3. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens take vacations?

4. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens have a business interest in the USA?

5. Has the USA's involvement in the Middle East ONLY been bad for the region?

6. If your answer to Q5 is "no," then are the nations of the Middle East aware that the USA has helped them in some way?

7. Has the USA ever attacked a country and not given control of that country back to the country?

8. (This is not a Yes/No question.) If Q7 is "Yes" which one?

9. Is there any nation in the world that provides more foreign Aide than the USA?

10. (This is not a Yes/No question.) If Q9 is "Yes" which one?

Have fun and remember, no cheating off your neighbor.

Start a thread with your own questions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Adam said:
Start a thread with your own questions.
I thought you were smart enough to see their relevance here. I don't need to post these questions, I already know the answers. So do you.

This kind of a biased question (yours and mine) serves no purpose.

Adam said:
Now you get thanked for being the only one capable of answering the questions.

Why are you so against dialogue?

I'm not.

Why did it take you so many pages to answer such simple questions?

Why hasn't anyone else? It's not that difficult.

Adam said:
I'm not.

Why did it take you so many pages to answer such simple questions?

Start a new thread about it.

That makes as little sense as I've come to expect from you, kiddo. This is the thread for it.

Adam said:

Adam, I responded seriously to all of your questions that I could. Question #12 I do not know the answer to, #6 cannot be answered using the guidelines you put forward, and the ones with comments are to help you understand why I responded the way I did.

1. The Middle East had economic problems long before the USA got involved. We probably solved more problems then we caused.

2. Do you seriously believe that the US administration is not fully aware of economic problems in a region with which we are at war?

3. Come on Adam. Can any country's military and economic actions ONLY positively effect another country?

4. Yes, Middle Eastern, including Iraqi, State sponsored terrorists have attacked the US.

5. You know it has.

6. Probably the US. You know, if the USA was as aggressive as you make us out to be, how come Mexico and Canada are not part of the USA now? You have to look at the reasons for the attacks.

7. Osama Bin Laden will never be able to walk in the daylight again without fear. You can only kick a giant in the ankle so many times before he decides to step on you. I think they better reconsider.

8. The USA, both administration and citizens, has been made very aware of this possibility.

9. SHOULD they ALL just sit there and take it? Yes they should. They have been given freedom to select a new government. WILL they ALL? No. They won't ALL. The radicals who fell out of power will fight to regain control.

10. Yes

11. If he doesn't represent the majority, he won't be re-elected.

12. I still am not qualified to answer this question. I don't think you are either.

13. They contribute to whoever is in office within legal bounds (and possibly beyond, but I am not qualified to say.)

But Artman, you are only allowed to use "yes" or "no," no matter how complex the issue. You're not following the rules; therefore, you are not allowing Adam to back you into a corner. Why can't you play fair?

JohnDubYa said:
But Artman, you are only allowed to use "yes" or "no," no matter how complex the issue. You're not following the rules; therefore, you are not allowing Adam to back you into a corner. Why can't you play fair?

Oops. The monitor is going to fail me. :cry:

I asked for yes or no responses. Either reply with yes or no, or go play in another thread. There is no reason to keep responding with crap.

We'll respond in any fashion we wish. Who in the **** made you hall monitor?

Actually you won't. There are rules.

Yeah, but you don't set them. You forgot that part.

Adam said:
I asked for yes or no responses. Either reply with yes or no, or go play in another thread. There is no reason to keep responding with crap.
Adam, don't you see that you have asked a series of questions like:

"Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Answer yes or no."

This question can be answered with a "yes" or a "no," but that may not be the correct answer. The Correct answer may be, "I never have beat my wife."

So, go ahead and ask your questions, but quit directing the answers.

JohnDubYa said:
Yeah, but you don't set them. You forgot that part.

No, I did not forget that part. One does not need to have created the rules to remind those breaking them to abide by them.

Artman said:
Adam, don't you see that you have asked a series of questions like:

"Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Answer yes or no."
No, I didn't, Please go to the start of this thread and read the questions, as you obviously have not yet done. They are very simple, requiring only yes or no responses, and they do not force such a false admission in any way. Read them, then please respond with yes or no answers.

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then which country has attacked more nations, the USA or any Middle Eastern state you feel qualifies as a "yes" for Q4?

Even tho your questions are not yes/no questions, you insist we answer it with yes and no only. Well I've come to expect it from you kiddo, but god... could it get any more ridiculous :rofl:

So can you answer the questions? Try. Be honest. Maybe you'll learn something.

whether i can or can not answer the questions is a completely different subject, worthy of a new thread.
I think Kat knows the answer to that one

Apparently it's "not"...

1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

Yes

2) If your answer to Q1 was yes, is the US administration aware enough of the world around them to be aware that their activities have caused problems in the Middle East? Skip if your answer to Q1 was no.

Yes

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?

No

4) Has any Middle Eastern state ever attacked the USA?

No

5) Has the USA ever attacked any Middle Eastern state?

Yes

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then which country has attacked more nations, the USA or any Middle Eastern state you feel qualifies as a "yes" for Q4?

USA

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?

Yes

8) If your answer to Q7 was yes, then do you think the USA administration is aware of this possibility/probability?

Yes

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?

No

10) Are you a citizen of the USA?

Yes

11) Do you think the president of the USA faithfullly represents the interests of the people of the USA?

No
12) Are President Bush and Dick Cheney financially involved with companies profiting from the invasion of Iraq?

Yes

13) Are companies which supplied the USA military's invasion of Iraq, and supply the re-stocking of arms afterward, involved in contributing campaign funds to Bush and Cheney?

Yes

Adam, your questions are based on fallacious reasoning. We have pointed out continuously why. Let me give you an example, since you seem unable to comprehend:

Q: Are raccoons responsible for spreading rabies?

A YES answer implies that raccoons are bad. THAT is in essence what you are trying to achieve with the US.

A simple YES answer does not do the raccoons justice. Sure, SOME racooons spread rabies, but the incidences are very rare. Furthermore, thousands of species of animals spread rabies, not just racoons. And raccoons do not intentionally spread rabies -- they were infected themselves by another animal.

So a simple YES answer produces a false impression. A NO answer is no more correct.

Do you follow?

JohnDubYa said:
Adam, your questions are based on fallacious reasoning. We have pointed out continuously why. Let me give you an example, since you seem unable to comprehend:

Q: Are raccoons responsible for spreading rabies?

A YES answer implies that raccoons are bad. THAT is in essence what you are trying to achieve with the US.

A simple YES answer does not do the raccoons justice. Sure, SOME racooons spread rabies, but the incidences are very rare. Furthermore, thousands of species of animals spread rabies, not just racoons. And raccoons do not intentionally spread rabies -- they were infected themselves by another animal.

So a simple YES answer produces a false impression. A NO answer is no more correct.

Do you follow?

Evil racoons! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hey Adam, it looks like amp has swallowed the bait. Reel him in! (Oh, he was already in your boat. Never mind.)

Johndubya cute, he he <chuckle> he he :rofl: , well we do both agree that Bush must be fired.

Answer: No

Surely this does not make sense to even you, Adam.