Funny: Ku Klux Klan shoots itself in the head

• News
  • Thread starter Carlos Hernandez
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny Head
In summary: It's a sad reminder of the violence and hate that still exists in our society. In summary, a member of the Ku Klux Klan was critically injured after being shot in the head during an initiation ceremony. While the group is now more ridiculed than feared, their actions are still deplorable and a reminder of the violence and hate that once permeated the United States.
Carlos Hernandez
Natural selection at work:

Ku Klux Klan shoots itself in the head

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
Wednesday November 26, 2003
The Guardian

The Ku Klux Klan, the white supremacy group notorious for its lynchings of black people and those who favoured desegregation, has scored a spectacular own goal. One of its members has been critically injured after being struck by a bullet fired into the air during a Klan initiation ceremony.

While the organisation is more a subject of ridicule than fear these days, it still has members and still holds initiation ceremonies. The latest took place in Johnson City, Tennessee, the state where the Klan was formed in 1866 by veterans from the Confederate forces.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1093311,00.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see how someone being shot in the head is funny, but anyhow..

Monique, imagine that some neo nazi group that was always going on about the fearful military prowess of Nazi Germany had done that in the Netherlands. People would jeer, partly because they have a nasty history with those folks, and the people they admire. So too with the Klan. When I was a kid you occasionally came across pictures of bodies hanging from trees or lampposts. Blacks lynched by the Klan. That horror has by the actions of some very brave people, some of whom were matryred, been stopped. And these imitators are beneath contempt for nearly everyone in the US of A.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
And these imitators are beneath contempt for nearly everyone in the US of A.
Yes, they are imitators, weak distillations of a morally compromised group.

I'd rather have headed this with: look what these stupid people did to themselves. The reason I say it is not funny, is that people are killed or injured all to often by sky-fire shot out of enjoyment or celebration..

Well said selfAdjoint.

Wow, I agree with HAVOC
Monique, you said
The reason I say it is not funny, is that people are killed or injured all to often by sky-fire shot out of enjoyment or celebration
Yes, far too many innocent people, but anyone who does, or is part of a group of idiots that is now only a copycat of what it used to do, violate many american citizens' constitutional rights, deserves jail time.
And I agree, one of the best examples of evolution gone bad is that the stupid people are everywhere. Evolution couldn't forsee the fact that the smart would invent things that make life easier, they would be ridiculed and sometimes killed, and then their invention would be used to ease the lives of the idiots, giving them more time and resources to reproduce.

Ku Klux Klansmen shooting themselves in the head creates a eugenic effect.

I have to agree with Monique.

I did not find the article humorous at all.

1. What is the story behind "Funny: Ku Klux Klan shoots itself in the head"?

The story is a satirical commentary on the self-destructive nature of the Ku Klux Klan, a white supremacist group, and their harmful actions towards themselves and society.

2. Is this a real event that happened?

No, it is not a real event. It is a fictional story meant to highlight the absurdity of the Ku Klux Klan's beliefs and actions.

3. Why is this considered funny?

The humor in the title comes from the ironic and unexpected image of the Ku Klux Klan unintentionally harming themselves, as they are often portrayed as a powerful and intimidating group.

4. Is it appropriate to find humor in a serious topic like the Ku Klux Klan?

Humor is a subjective form of expression and can be used to address serious issues in a thought-provoking way. This particular title uses satire to challenge the harmful ideologies of the Ku Klux Klan.

5. What is the message or lesson behind this title?

The title serves as a commentary on the destructive nature of hate and prejudice. It encourages the audience to reflect on the consequences of such harmful beliefs and behaviors.

Back