Find a Dada Engine for x86: Free & Open Source

• Thread starter one_raven
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine x86
In summary, the conversation is about finding a version of the Dada engine or a similar program that can run on an x86 machine. The speaker ideally wants a script version that can access a dictionary and rules through a MSSQL or MS Access database, but is open to any option as long as it is open source, free, and runs on x86. The conversation also mentions the possibility of compiling the code in cygwin under Windows and using a PHP script to access a mySQL database. However, the speaker clarifies that they are looking for a version that can run on an x86 system with a Microsoft OS.
one_raven
If you don't know what the Dada engine is, here is a link to the original.

I am looking for a version of this, or a comparable program (in function and quality), that will run on an x86 machine.

Actually, I would ideally want to get my hands on a script version that accesses a dictionary (and maybe a set of rules) via a MSSQL or MS Access database.

But I will take what I can get.
As long as it is open source, free and runs on x86.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Let me clarify.
One that will run on an x86 system running a Microsoft OS.

Sorry.

Open and Free, but you stil use Microsoft Eh.

There is a linux version. You could compile the code in cygwin under windows. Then you could run a php script or some other language that allows you to get access to your mySQL database. You then write a dada file and run it under cygwin which will output a file. then you read that file and put it into the database or print it on the screen.

1. What is a Dada Engine?

A Dada Engine is a computer program that automatically generates random texts in a particular style or language. It is often used in creative writing and can produce nonsensical or humorous outputs.

2. Why would I need a Dada Engine for x86?

If you are a programmer or computer scientist working with the x86 architecture, you may need a Dada Engine to generate random texts for testing or debugging purposes. It can also be used for creative projects or as a tool for generating random ideas.

3. Is the Dada Engine for x86 free to use?

Yes, the Dada Engine for x86 is completely free and open source. This means that it can be used, modified, and distributed without any cost or restrictions.

4. How do I install the Dada Engine for x86 on my computer?

The Dada Engine for x86 can be downloaded from its official website or an online repository. Depending on your operating system, you may need to compile the source code or use a pre-compiled binary file. Detailed installation instructions can usually be found on the project's website.

5. Are there any limitations to the Dada Engine for x86?

The Dada Engine for x86 may have some limitations depending on the specific version and configuration you are using. Some common limitations include the size or complexity of the generated texts, the programming language used, and compatibility with other software or tools.