Recovering the Missing Page Load Timer: Can It Be Added Back?

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved a person expressing their desire for a timer on the bottom of a page, which led to a discussion about colors and forum names. Eventually, the timer was put back on the page, and a question about page generation time was asked.
climbhi
I miss the little line on the bottom that would tell you how long it would take for the page to load. Is it not there anymore, or am I just missing it? If it's not there, is there any way it can be put back on, I liked it.

Physics news on Phys.org
ask and you shall recieve, look at the bottom of the page

What's with the colors ?!

well it was there, now it's gone for some unknown reason, grrrr...

colors? huh?

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
colors? huh? [/B]
Don't play the innocent...
The black text colors.

Live long and prosper.

seriously drag, please be specific
Those UGLY HORRIBLE BLACK FORUM NAMES !
Of course, if you think they look good -
you're the man Greg !

Live long and prosper.

huh?
what forum names? [?]

ask and you shall recieve, look at the bottom of the page
Thanks greg! For somereason I'm a gimmick for those timers, ever since I've had a fast connection i just like to look and see how small they are!

LOL, i have never really looked at it seriously before. The numbers never really made any sense to me, so i ignored them.

Page generated in 0.15725803 seconds (80.94% PHP - 19.06% MySQL) with 21 queries.

Is that good? (For Australia...)

1. How does the "Missing Page Load Timer" impact website performance?

The "Missing Page Load Timer" refers to the absence of a feature that measures the time it takes for a webpage to fully load. This can impact website performance by making it difficult to identify potential bottlenecks and optimize loading times.

2. Why was the "Missing Page Load Timer" removed in the first place?

The "Missing Page Load Timer" was often removed by developers to improve website speed and reduce the amount of data being sent to users. However, this feature can be useful for identifying and addressing performance issues.

3. Can the "Missing Page Load Timer" be added back to a website?

Yes, the "Missing Page Load Timer" can be added back to a website by implementing a code snippet or using a browser extension. This will allow for the measurement of page load times and can help with optimizing website performance.

4. How does adding back the "Missing Page Load Timer" benefit website owners?

By adding back the "Missing Page Load Timer", website owners can get a better understanding of their website's performance and identify areas for improvement. This can lead to faster loading times, better user experience, and potentially higher conversion rates.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to adding back the "Missing Page Load Timer"?

One potential drawback is the added strain on website resources and increased data usage for users. It is important to carefully consider and balance the benefits and drawbacks before adding back the "Missing Page Load Timer".