Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tapatalk update

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I just updated Tapatalk to the latest version. It was 1-2 updates behind so I am hoping there are some improvements, although I haven't spotted any yet. If anyone sees something different - whether good or bad - please let me know. :cool:

Jameson

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Test. This is a reply from Tapatalk.

EDIT: There is a problem actually. On my phone an error message came up and I thought that the post didn't go through. Will contact support to see what's going on.

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Final test?

EDIT: A few days ago I switched to an iPhone from an Android device and noticed an issue when posting from my new phone. It seems that some 3rd party add-ons can cause issues so I was able to fix the problem by disabling our add-ons for Tapatalk users. It's a perfect fix too since none of the modifications are usable on Tapatalk anyway. :cool:

For our Tapatalk users, please let me know if you have any issues. I have a bad feeling that this problem has been around for a long, long time on MHB but I only just discovered it.

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
LaTeX doesn't render when using the app. (I just posted this using tapatalk.)

Is it me or what?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
LaTeX doesn't render when using the app. (I just posted this using tapatalk.)

Is it me or what?
No, it's not just you. :D

I will quote our resident expert himself from another thread regarding this issue:

No Tapatalk won't render Latex and it's not something we can change unfortunately. I use it to check up on the forums but not for serious posting. If something warrants more attention I'll jump onto a computer.

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
Oh, that's bad really. Thanks for the catch!

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Oh, that's bad really. Thanks for the catch!
With the way we render LaTeX, enabling it on phones would slow down the browsing experience so much that the site would become unusable. This is the one main downside to using Mathjax instead of another rendering method. It's a bit annoying but we aren't aiming to become a mobile site, just to provide some mobile access.

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
Of course, that makes sense, besides, you can easily give some hints in order the people may solve the problem via a smartphone.

Greg Bernhardt

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2012
I've tried putting pressure on Tapatalk to support MathJax but nothing has come from it. I think it will be a option at some point, but not likely any time soon.