Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tapatalk update

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all,

I just updated the Tapatalk plugin on our site. I don't think anything should be too different although there are some more features in this version that I'll need to research. Please let me know if you have any problems using Tapatalk on MHB.

(If you have no idea what this is about, Tapatalk is a smartphone app designed for browsing forums and uses a layout that is very easy on the eyes for mobile phones)

Jameson

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Does the update by any chance have more specificity with regard to where Tapatalk users are on the forum? I have just noticed that in the Who's Online feature, Jameson doesn't show up as "via Tapatalk" 100% of the time (I'm not even sure if I've seen that at all recently, come to think of it) like he used to. That'll be nice, as I kinda like to know where people are at times. That's kinda the point of Who's Online.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
...That'll be nice, as I kinda like to know where people are at times. That's kinda the point of Who's Online.
I agree...I like to know where everyone is, and the Tapatalk users don't show a location...makes me nervous...(Bandit)

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
In my case I often go from my phone to my computer very quickly. The only time I'll check the site from my phone for a long period of time without using a computer is if I have class, which has usually been 9:00-11:30am. When I'm home I check for activity using Tapatalk but don't like to post anything through the app. I am curious as to what protocols are in place if the site is accessed rapidly between a web browser and Tapatalk.

So if you notice me appearing to be accessing MHB from a computer, or simply not from Tapatalk, but have a feeling that I might be then I will be glad to verify the situation. It really could just be the timing of it.

On another note, I noticed today that the updated Tapatalk app is not compatible with the vBSEO likes system and displays them under the post that was liked. Will stay on the lookout for any other changes.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I've answered my question now. Tapatalk users have a separate icon now, and their location in the forum looks the same as anyone else's.

Cheers.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I see Tapatalk users as "Logging In."

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I've answered my question now. Tapatalk users have a separate icon now, and their location in the forum looks the same as anyone else's.

Cheers.
Do you see the location of Tapatalk users? I don't. I only see them "Logging In" all the time as Mark has noted.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Yes, I've seen the Tapatalk icon simultaneously with, say, reading a particular thread, and not "Logging In". I have seen "Logging In" as well.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Just now for the first time I saw a user with the Tapatalk icon and a location given.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Yes, I've seen the Tapatalk icon simultaneously with, say, reading a particular thread, and not "Logging In". I have seen "Logging In" as well.
Just now for the first time I saw a user with the Tapatalk icon and a location given.
I saw the location of a Tapatalk user only once for a short period of time. But after that I only saw Tapatalk users "Logging In". I kept looking at the Who's Online for a long time and the situation hasn't changed. I fear there's might be some kind of problem here. Also the status of a Tapatalk user which appears in his profile page (and also within threads) is always "Offline".

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I agree...I like to know where everyone is, and the Tapatalk users don't show a location...makes me nervous...(Bandit)
Pretty much this. Of course you can feel safe giving me your location, since I'm not an axe-wielding clown ;)

... but a grave-looking cat. I mean business (Smoking)

Last edited: