Why Don't Responders Often Thank Thread Starters?

• Thread starter himanshu121
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, thanks for a scientific discovery should be given to the person or team who made the discovery. Multiple people can receive thanks for a collaborative breakthrough. Funding agencies should also be thanked for their contributions to a scientific project. Colleagues who provided support during a research project should be acknowledged and thanked. While it is not necessary to thank the entire scientific community, it is important to recognize the impact and significance of a groundbreaking discovery within the community.
himanshu121
It seems little odd most of the time the thread starter/ or the person whose problem is being solved, generally thanks to other member
Why isn't otherwise

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not certain I understand why you are asking this oddly worded question, but if I've been of any help at all I'd like to express my appreciation.

Do you mean that the responders should thank the thread starter for making them think, or re-evaluate what they know?

I see that happening sometimes.
Maybe it should happen more.
Thanks for making me think about that.

1. Who should receive thanks for a scientific discovery?

The person or team who made the discovery should receive thanks.

2. Can multiple people receive thanks for a scientific breakthrough?

Yes, if the breakthrough was a collaborative effort, then all individuals involved should receive thanks.

3. Should thanks be given to the funding agencies for a scientific project?

Yes, funding agencies play a crucial role in supporting and enabling scientific research, so they should receive thanks for their contributions.

4. Is it appropriate to thank colleagues who provided support during a research project?

Yes, colleagues who provided support, whether it be through advice, resources, or assistance, should be acknowledged and thanked for their contributions.

5. Should thanks be extended to the scientific community as a whole for a groundbreaking discovery?

It is not necessary to thank the entire scientific community, but it is important to acknowledge and recognize the impact and significance of the discovery within the scientific community.