Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
Originally posted by jimmy p
ok Prudens...is Renee the polish girl or the girl you liked originally? I'm sorry to say but you are your own worst enemy. Choose who you want but DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! no point in wasting time.

The girl I liked originally is the girl I've been talking about for 25 pages... But it's not going anywhere,... perhaps is, but soo slow. And now Renee came into the play..., I see her more often, have a class with her, she's very initiative...

But the sad thing is,... I'm leaving for Math school; Chances are I will not see them at math school at beginning of August unless they apply.

Physics news on Phys.org
How far away is math school? You could still see each other after school / on weekends, right? You have 8 months to establish a date by default on Saturday night. :smile:

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
The girl I liked originally is the girl I've been talking about for 25 pages... But it's not going anywhere,... perhaps is, but soo slow...
Next time don't wait 25 pages before you make a serious move (it will help speed things up a little).

If there will be any girls at math school I suggest you make to point to ask one of them out each and every day until none remain. This will get you used to rejection, diminish your hesitancy, and no doubt win you several dates. In no time at all you’ll be ready to write a book helping others to work past their timid nature.

When the bell rings, come out of your corner swinging.

I only read the first few pages, so if my two-cents worth is outdated, forget it.

The girl I liked originally is the girl I've been talking about for 25 pages... But it's not going anywhere,... perhaps is, but soo slow. And now Renee came into the play..., I see her more often, have a class with her, she's very initiative...

If you like a girl, don't ever say or hint that you like her or anything like that, you're going to scare her away man.

Just ask her out, but remember, don't make it a date. Just say to her something like, "Hey, I'm going to go play pool next thursday, i think you should come along and get your ass whipped."

Have a little more self-confidence too. Just cause she's seeing other guys doesn't mean you can't get her. Play your cards right and you'll be able to wrestle her from them.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Next time don't wait 25 pages before you make a serious move (it will help speed things up a little).

If there will be any girls at math school I suggest you make to point to ask one of them out each and every day until none remain. This will get you used to rejection, diminish your hesitancy, and no doubt win you several dates. In no time at all you’ll be ready to write a book helping others to work past their timid nature.

When the bell rings, come out of your corner swinging.

ROFLLLL...

btw, Math School is 30 min from the school i attend right now; And, I really hope they can go because... you live at Math school, only go home on the weekends. So it's much easier to ask a girl to a movie there, since there is like a theatre across the street from math school.

Originally posted by Bubonic Plague
I only read the first few pages, so if my two-cents worth is outdated, forget it.

If you like a girl, don't ever say or hint that you like her or anything like that, you're going to scare her away man.

Just ask her out, but remember, don't make it a date. Just say to her something like, "Hey, I'm going to go play pool next thursday, i think you should come along and get your ass whipped."

Have a little more self-confidence too. Just cause she's seeing other guys doesn't mean you can't get her. Play your cards right and you'll be able to wrestle her from them.

Yes, I'm working on conquering my shy nature; and it really works.

Ask her out now, don't wait until August

Yea ask her out now, this is coming from someone who has recently got a girlfriend without 2 much beating about the bush, so much so that barely any of my mates knew we where seeing each other until a few weeks after i asked her out, aint that rite jimmy.

Originally posted by rick1138
Ask her out now, don't wait until August

Renee, the polish girl?

Hey hey. Yeah, usually I am one of the first to hear about Andy's life and he had been going out with this girl for 2 weeks...then i broke up with my gf and everyone new in about 5 seconds..tho i don't think geoff knows

Renee, the polish girl?

LOL whoever, get yourself out of woulda, should, could have land.
JUST ASK HER OUT

Originally posted by The_Professional
LOL whoever, get yourself out of woulda, should, could have land.
JUST ASK HER OUT

Out to where... theatre? Meet her there? What if her mom or dad came along? That would suck :\

Just ask someone out. And yeah, Polish girls are hot.

Out to where... theatre? Meet her there? What if her mom or dad came along? That would suck :\

Even if her parents came with her, which I highly doubt that would happen, you just got to make the best of it. However, you must ask her out before you start with the worrying.

The path of courage or the path of fear, which one is it going to be boy?

Last edited:
Think of it this way:

Going on a date with her parents around is better than no date at all, right?

Just be glad that the girl you want to ask isn't packing to go on a two week vacation the day you decide to ask her.

Originally posted by Hurkyl
Think of it this way:

Going on a date with her parents around is better than no date at all, right?

Plus, going back to my previous post he can prove to them how great of a guy he is by showing them all a good time. Which would help his cause.

Should I ask her for her phone #? And,... I'm still having some doubts, she wrote "Love Renee", couldn't that be love in a normal way?

Why are you making these things into an "All-or-Nothing" situation? That is your main obstacle.

As Bubonic Plague said:
"Just ask her out, but remember, don't make it a date. Just say to her something like, "Hey, I'm going to go play pool next thursday, i think you should come along and get your ass whipped.""

I would personally leave out the ass-whipping part in that sentence :wink:, but first go and do something neutral, move into the inner circle, let the game of flirtation do its thing and you'll be surprised how easy it can be.

And don't forget, the longer you wait, the easier it is to talk yourself out of it. :frown:

Originally posted by Hurkyl
And don't forget, the longer you wait, the easier it is to talk yourself out of it. :frown:

:\ the next time I see her is probably after winter break.

Originally posted by rick1138
Just ask someone out. And yeah, Polish girls are hot.

Find a Swedish girl, THEY are hot! *drools* Swedish girls have to be the finest in the world. 2nd comes Brazilian girls!

Originally posted by jimmy p
Find a Swedish girl, THEY are hot! *drools* Swedish girls have to be the finest in the world. 2nd comes Brazilian girls!

The girl I've been talking about for the first 25 pages is a Chinese girl who grew up in Sweden, very very very hot.

The girl I've been talking about for the first 25 pages is a Chinese girl who grew up in Sweden, very very very hot.

All asian girls are hot, or at least I think so.

Should I ask her for her phone #? And,... I'm still having some doubts, she wrote "Love Renee", couldn't that be love in a normal way?

Look man, do you want to just go out there and learn how to ride a bicycle, or do you want to theororize and read lots of books on how to ride a bicycle?

If you want her phone number, just strike up a conversation with her, then when it's starting to get damn good, leave. But after walking a few steps, turn back and ask her, "Do you have a email address?". If she says yes, just take out a piece of paper and a pen and hand it to her, while she writes down her email address, say "Write down your phone number too."

If you want her phone number, just strike up a conversation with her, then when it's starting to get damn good, leave. But after walking a few steps, turn back and ask her, "Do you have a email address?". If she says yes, just take out a piece of paper and a pen and hand it to her, while she writes down her email address, say "Write down your phone number too."

This would work, but what's wrong with just going up to her and asking her for the phone number? Of course, when you do get it you may have another obstacle to overcome, actually getting the nerve to call her. Even I suffer from this sort of phobia.

This would work, but what's wrong with just going up to her and asking her for the phone number?

How would you feel if someone came up to you and said, "Can i have your phone number?" Chatting with her will ease the transition.

How would you feel if someone came up to you and said, "Can i have your phone number?" Chatting with her will ease the transition.

Point taken. Guess this shows how much experience I have.

Okay, back from a 4 day convention.

While I was there, I did some cool stuff with a very very cute girl, and hoping to know her more, she is really shy, but maybe it was because she was in the process of struggling with a minor seasonal cold.

And wow, I was just googling ... and I found her Xanga journal...

Anyways... I brought her and her little brother to watch Lord of the Rings with a few of my friends. Preordered the tickets a day prior to play, bought her hot dogs, popcorn, but when she was there, she tried to pay me back because she said her mom says "no free stuff."

Having that being said, I insisted her to instead of paying me back, pay for her little brother.

Anyways, I bought her a very nice looking card before I leave, hoping her cough goes away soon, (the front cover says "You are speacial", with a big heart...)

She left me a note before I leave:

"Tom,

Thank you for the movie, hot dog, and CARD. I'm flattered and appreciate the thought, but I don't feel the same way.

I would like to be JUST friends. From what the card said, that did not seem like your intention. You don't need to try so hard to impress someone. It's what's INSIDE counts. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not being ungrateful for the nice things you did, but I just didn't really appreciate that you tried so hard.

Well, thanks for everything you did.

See you NEXT year, if I go.

- XXXXXX"

She is just... perfect. Her smile is so beautiful,... I don't even know how to describe it. You have to see her to know what I am saying.

She has an older sister... (I thought they were twins), ...

And her little brother... sigh... little smart @$$, try to play a 1700 chess player.

Um,.. did I mention she was so perfect? God is so perfect, amazing how he created this girl.

Next time I see her would be ... in 361 days., the next winter conference...

Anyways, I bought her a very nice looking card before I leave, hoping her cough goes away soon, (the front cover says "You are speacial", with a big heart...)

Maybe you shouldn't have bared your soul so early on.

Maybe you shouldn't have bared your soul so early on.

True

Prudens, the biggest part of the game of love is flirtation. You seem to be going straight to confessing your love.

Read carefully what the girl said, since it is very typical and the same thing will happen if you don't learn from this experience.

"I am not being ungrateful for the nice things you did, but I just didn't really appreciate that you tried so hard."

It should be a play, interaction between two people, love grows and you have to give it time. By coming on strong in the beginning you scare the girl away.

Err... after looking at her albums, I think she already has a boyfriend...

That doesn't matter. You are the hunkaburninlove. You have the power to turn her onto the lord, cookies, milk, even a Balley's around Christmas.

Why not deek the boyfriend and flirt with her around NewYears? If you've got some scratch to share with her, you guys can head to a good, upscale restaurant (if there are any in your town) and start there. Have some Christmas spirit... Jesus likes the stuff too. Look what he did with the water!

If I was you I'd look like Clark Gable, Cary Grant and Colin Farrel wrapped up in whatever your name is, sweep her onto the Public Transit (if your town has any) or into your pickup truck or your Prius if your driving one and show her you can take care of her. Show her your are worth leaving her current current at least for a New Year's eve.

Through all of this you will have shared an adventure and this is a truly bonding experience. These bonds don't necessarily land you going at it in the sack with your fantasy girl (check for any distantly shared genetic relations) or in the fitting room of a hoity foity lingery store... but you will have shared some laughs and perhaps some dancing.

Don't listen to me. Have a good year!

<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.