Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Switching web hosts process

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

We've grown some since we started in January and with the new school year approaching we hope to grow significantly so we think it's time to get a better, faster web host. I just want to let you know that we are aware of the slowness of the site and database problems and want to correct them. It will take some time to search around and explore our options but we will let you know when we do.

Stay tuned for updates on this and when we do change over expect a quicker site.

Jameson

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I didn't expect an update this quickly but we are now using a different host. We are still hosted on a shared package which means that things won't necessarily be faster yet but there should be fewer errors. I feel like it's a bit faster actually now but I'm curious to see what you guys notice.

Once we get to know our new hosts more and grow ourselves we will eventually move over to our own VPS and be incredibly fast. This is a step in the right direction :)

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Trying out a VPS for a month to see what it's like. Lots more control over the server now so I'll be making various tweaks to improve speed. Please let me know if it seems slower at all. It's a fairly large increase in the monthly rate so it should be faster overall for everyone.

For your reference:
1) VPS
2) Litespeed vs. Apache

We were on a shared hosting plan with standard Apache web server. Litespeed is known for being incredibly fast and superior in all ways to Apache as far as I can tell.

Last edited: