SUVAT Equations: AS Exam Prep for OCR Physics

In summary, the individual is studying for an AS exam in Physics and is looking for SUVAT equation questions to practice. They have an exam in 10 weeks and need to improve their understanding of SUVAT equations. They have asked if anyone has any questions or links to help them practice. They also mention a specific question with an initial displacement of -2, initial velocity of 5 m/s, and an acceleration of -3 m/s^2.
Killah
Hey, I'm currently studying for an AS exam in Physics under the OCR examination board, i got an exam in like 10 weeks and I am doing ok with physics, the only place i need to develop my understanding is using SUVAT equations, i understand them, memorized them but i haven't practised them throughoughly, does anybody have any SUVAT questions or mabye some links to some SUVAT equation questions to post up and help me practise?

Thanks for your time either way:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I've got a really easy one. Sorry, don't know any links though.
Question: What is the final displacement and velocity after two seconds if a particle has an initial displacement of -2, initial velocity of 5 m/s and an acceleration of -3 m/s^2?

btw, that question is in 1 dimensions, I take it you don't want a two or three dimensional problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

I would like to first commend you on your dedication to studying for your AS exam in Physics. It's great that you have identified SUVAT equations as an area that you need to develop your understanding in. These equations are fundamental in solving problems related to motion and kinematics.

I would suggest practicing with a variety of problems that involve different combinations of the SUVAT equations. This will help you to become more familiar with the equations and how to apply them in different scenarios. You can find practice problems in your textbook or online, and I would also recommend checking out past exam papers to get a better idea of the types of questions that may be asked in your exam.

Additionally, it may be helpful to create a cheat sheet or flashcards with the SUVAT equations and their meanings to help you memorize them more effectively. As you practice, try to understand the concepts behind the equations rather than just memorizing them. This will help you to apply them more confidently in your exam.

I wish you all the best in your studies and in your upcoming exam. Keep practicing and I am sure you will do well. Good luck!

Related to SUVAT Equations: AS Exam Prep for OCR Physics

1. What are SUVAT equations?

SUVAT equations, also known as kinematic equations, are a set of equations used to describe the motion of an object in a straight line with constant acceleration. They are commonly used in physics to solve problems related to motion and are based on the four variables of displacement (S), initial velocity (U), final velocity (V), and acceleration (A).

2. How many SUVAT equations are there?

There are five SUVAT equations, each of which relates three of the four variables (S, U, V, and A). They are: S = ut + (1/2)at^2, V = u + at, V^2 = u^2 + 2aS, S = (u + v)t/2, and S = vt - (1/2)at^2.

3. What is the purpose of SUVAT equations?

The purpose of SUVAT equations is to help solve problems related to motion and acceleration. By using these equations, we can determine the value of unknown variables such as distance, velocity, and acceleration, given the values of the other variables.

4. How do I use SUVAT equations?

To use SUVAT equations, you first need to identify the variables that are known and unknown in the problem. Then, select the appropriate equation that relates these variables and substitute the values into the equation. Finally, solve for the unknown variable using algebraic manipulation.

5. Are SUVAT equations only used for linear motion?

Yes, SUVAT equations are only applicable for objects moving in a straight line with constant acceleration. They cannot be used for objects that are accelerating non-uniformly or for motion in multiple dimensions.