Managing Your Inbox: Tips for Avoiding an Overflowing Mailbox

• Thread starter RuroumiKenshin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the issue of full PM mailboxes and the importance of regularly deleting messages to prevent it. It was also mentioned that PM trackings, which allow users to see if their messages have been read, can contribute to mailbox storage. Instructions for clearing PM trackings were also provided.
RuroumiKenshin
Is Your Mailbox Full??

When your pm-ing mailbox is full, it means ALL your folders are full. Your sent pms folder etc.
so delete away... (I have suffered from this problem, and I'm going to try to make is stop...)

Physics news on Phys.org
MajinVegeta thank you for bringing this up. Everyone has a 50 message limit which includes the sent box. Also you might want to clear your PM trackings if you have it enabled.

aww 50 i think i have only gotten 1 and that was a standard one that you get when you join

i am so lonley

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
MajinVegeta thank you for bringing this up. Everyone has a 50 message limit which includes the sent box. Also you might want to clear your PM trackings if you have it enabled.

What are pm trackings for and how do they affect the mailbox storage?

Check this thread out
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=756 [Broken]

Tracking is to see if someone has read your PM.

Last edited:
oh yeah! That's a neato feature, Greg.

1. What are the potential consequences of an overflowing mailbox?

An overflowing mailbox can lead to important mail being lost or delayed, missed bill payments, and an increased risk of identity theft.

2. How can I prevent my mailbox from overflowing?

One way to prevent your mailbox from overflowing is to regularly check and clear out any unnecessary mail. You can also opt for paperless billing and unsubscribe from junk mail. Another option is to upgrade to a larger mailbox or consider a virtual mailbox service.

3. What should I do if my mailbox is consistently overflowing?

If your mailbox is consistently overflowing, you may need to contact your postal service to request a larger mailbox or to report any issues with mail delivery. You can also consider installing a locking mailbox to prevent others from filling up your mailbox.

4. What are some common causes of an overflowing mailbox?

Some common causes of an overflowing mailbox include receiving too much junk mail or mail from outdated subscriptions, forgetting to check and clear out your mailbox regularly, or having a small mailbox that cannot accommodate all of your mail.

5. Are there any environmental impacts of an overflowing mailbox?

Yes, an overflowing mailbox can lead to unnecessary waste and contribute to deforestation. This is because many companies still rely on paper mail for advertising and marketing, which can lead to a significant amount of paper waste if not properly managed.