Superposition - Circuit Analysis

In summary, the conversation was about a circuit question and the person asking was getting a different answer than expected. They provided a link to a circuit diagram and their attempt at solving it, and another person confirmed that the answer was indeed 600 mA. The images provided were for calculating i_x' and i_x'' with different voltage sources deactivated.
planauts

Homework Statement

Is the answer to the following circuit: 600 mA? I seem to be getting 660 mA for some reason.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.drop...which has the 2A source deactivated.) Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I get the same

aralbrec said:
I get the same

I don't know why the image got deleted from the source. Anyway, thanks!

Related to Superposition - Circuit Analysis

What is superposition in circuit analysis?

Superposition is a principle in circuit analysis that states that the total response of a linear circuit with multiple sources is equal to the sum of the responses of each individual source acting alone.

How does superposition help in circuit analysis?

Superposition allows us to simplify complex circuits by breaking them down into smaller, easier to analyze circuits. By analyzing each source individually and then combining the results, we can determine the overall behavior of the circuit.

What are the limitations of using superposition in circuit analysis?

Superposition can only be used for linear circuits, meaning that the components in the circuit must have a linear relationship between voltage and current. Additionally, it can only be used for circuits with independent sources, not dependent sources.

Can superposition be used for AC circuits?

Yes, superposition can be used for both DC and AC circuits as long as the circuit is linear and has independent sources. However, it is important to note that superposition cannot be used to analyze the effects of nonlinear components, such as diodes or transistors.

Are there any other methods for circuit analysis besides superposition?

Yes, there are other methods for circuit analysis, such as Kirchhoff's laws, Thevenin's theorem, and Norton's theorem. Each method has its own advantages and limitations, and it is important to choose the appropriate method for the specific circuit being analyzed.