Super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations

In summary,It is emphasized by Mr. bradenberger the concept of super Hubble subhorizon fluctuations. I appreciate the idea that Hubble radius and horizon are different ideas since they are physically distinct and particle horizon depends on the dynamics of cosmos evolution while Hubble radius only depends on current state of scale factor. But when we talking about the metric fluctuation of a certain initial physical wavelength streches outside the Hubble radius during inflation, is it still inside the horizon?the answer is no if inflation have no start.But if before inflation there's an radiation of matter domination era, simple calculation shows up the the answer is yes.And the preinflation cosmic dominating guys should have an equation of state index bigger than 1
aristurtle
It is emphasized by Mr. bradenberger the concept of super Hubble subhorizon fluctuations. I appreciate the idea that Hubble radius and horizon are different ideas since they are physically distinct and particle horizon depends on the dynamics of cosmos evolution while Hubble radius only depends on current state of scale factor. But when we talking about the metric fluctuation of a certain initial physical wavelength streches outside the Hubble radius during inflation ,is it still inside the horizon?the answer is no if inflation have no start.But if before inflation there's an radiation of matter domination era, simple calculation shows up the the answer is yes.And the preinflation cosmic dominating guys should have an equation of state index bigger than 1/3,which is that for photon.Can there be something have EQS bigger than 1/3 and dominate the universe before inflation?

Space news on Phys.org
aristurtle said:
It is emphasized by Mr. bradenberger the concept of super Hubble subhorizon fluctuations. ...

It would help if you gave an arxiv link to a relevant Robert Brandenberger paper. We aren't all familiar with the same papers, so giving a link can save everybody a lot of time

In this case I suspect you may be referring to
http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.4731
Alternatives to Cosmological Inflation
but you might have a different one in mind and I'd like something definite.

BTW if you too are thinking about alternatives to cosmo inflation, congratulations and welcome!

Last edited:
marcus said:
It would help if you gave an arxiv link to a relevant Robert Brandenberger paper. We aren't all familiar with the same papers, so giving a link can save everybody a lot of time

In this case I suspect you may be referring to
http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.4731
Alternatives to Cosmological Inflation
but you might have a different one in mind and I'd like something definite.

BTW if you too are thinking about alternatives to cosmo inflation, congratulations and welcome!

thank you very much for citing this paper. I heard this idea in lectures given by him . In this paper it is depicted in fig 1. there was a radiation dominated era before inflation. it is this very era that keeps Hubble radius and particle horizon coincide before inflation starts ,and particle horizon grows bigger than Hubble radius once inflation starts. it there any evidence for this pre infation era of radiation domination? I think If preinflation era is dominated by some guy of EOS bigger than 1/3,then particle horizon will be smaller than Hubble radius during this period, which generates a paradox. Since the phrase "perturbation with wave length of superhubble and subhorizon scale" may indicaes that particle horizon is always bigger than Hubble radius.
Yes, alternatives to inflation is a very interesting area to work on. I'm a graduate guy just started my research.And I'm on the edge of killing myself.We have just one year of graduate courework here and have little homework exercise to enhance our comprehension of foundamental theory.This make things very difficult for me since I was en engineering bachelor and trensfered to theretical physics looking for fun .Time and time again I feels the voids in my knowledge storage that hampers my research.And time and time again I was told that I need not to ask why but just follow the calculations is ok.
I'm also interested in the decoherence of quantum fluctuations. But it seems that in some altanative scenario of inflation ,we need not quantum fluctuation to seed structure formation, just thermal fluctuation is ok , so we don't need to talk about decoherence at all.

Related to Super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations

1. What are super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations?

Super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations refer to variations or oscillations in the density of matter and energy in the universe on scales larger than the Hubble radius (super hubble) and smaller than the Hubble radius (subhorizon). These fluctuations are thought to have played a crucial role in the formation of large-scale structures in the universe, such as galaxies and galaxy clusters.

2. How do super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations form?

The current leading theory for the formation of super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations is inflation. During the inflationary period of the early universe, quantum fluctuations in the inflaton field were stretched out to super hubble scales, which later became the seeds for the large-scale structures we observe today.

3. How do we measure super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations?

Super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations can be measured through various methods, such as the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation, large-scale galaxy surveys, and the Lyman-alpha forest in distant quasar spectra. These measurements provide us with information about the statistical properties of the fluctuations, such as their amplitude and scale dependence.

4. What is the significance of studying super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations?

Studying super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations is crucial for understanding the origin and evolution of the universe. These fluctuations not only give us insights into the early universe and the process of structure formation, but they also provide us with valuable information about the nature of dark matter and dark energy, and the overall geometry of the universe.

5. Can super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations affect our daily lives?

No, super hubble and subhorizon fluctuations occur on a scale much larger than our everyday lives. They are only relevant in the context of the universe as a whole and do not have any direct impact on our daily lives. However, understanding these fluctuations can help us better understand the fundamental laws of the universe and our place within it.