Suggestion for a fresher for a project

In summary, a gsm device would be built to monitor the status of an irrigation motor in a remote field in India. This would allow the farmer to know if the motor is working and if there are any issues. Additionally, it would be possible to control the motor remotely if needed.
dnaveenkumar
Hi i am naveen well in these days we can find many electrical engineers achievements where there are many mini and main project in those basic small example : on and off of motor in agricultural field by using gsm technology are these Technics are really applied in real life for name sake have we implemented it. only in few places it have been implemented.where as many such applications are there which are not implemented if we implement somewhat we could help our society.and we can get gain knowledge in core part. b-tech graduates are doing this project for name sake (not all, only few are doing heart fully) i don't want all those big projects if at-least we can implement this then we can go to higher project.

i am going to try one of those mini basic example of agricultural field in remote area i mean in less developed area. i want to built a device with following specification:

Agricultural Bases:

1: showing current status
2: which phase current is there
3: condition of motor
4: on and off of motor
5: minimum usage of current
6: status of motor

in India there are still few places where farmers have to travel 5 to 6 km to their field.we have to overcome this difficulty.

now main question are:

1: weather this project can be done successfully or not
2: will anyone support this
3: what are the dis advantage and advantages in this
4: is there anything else that we can implement in this
5: i am working on this i need some more to help me on hardware purpose (its totally voluntary work just for knowledge)

don't mind it might be silly but i should have a clarity and i need help i thought it might help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
dnaveenkumar said:
Hi i am naveen well in these days we can find many electrical engineers achievements where there are many mini and main project in those basic small example : on and off of motor in agricultural field by using gsm technology are these Technics are really applied in real life for name sake have we implemented it. only in few places it have been implemented.where as many such applications are there which are not implemented if we implement somewhat we could help our society.and we can get gain knowledge in core part. b-tech graduates are doing this project for name sake (not all, only few are doing heart fully) i don't want all those big projects if at-least we can implement this then we can go to higher project.

i am going to try one of those mini basic example of agricultural field in remote area i mean in less developed area. i want to built a device with following specification:

Agricultural Bases:

1: showing current status
2: which phase current is there
3: condition of motor
4: on and off of motor
5: minimum usage of current
6: status of motor

in India there are still few places where farmers have to travel 5 to 6 km to their field.we have to overcome this difficulty.

now main question are:

1: weather this project can be done successfully or not
2: will anyone support this
3: what are the dis advantage and advantages in this
4: is there anything else that we can implement in this
5: i am working on this i need some more to help me on hardware purpose (its totally voluntary work just for knowledge)

don't mind it might be silly but i should have a clarity and i need help i thought it might help me

Welcome to the PF, Naveen.

It sounds like you would like to provide farmers with information on the status of some motors at their remote farms. Could you say more about what these motors do? Are they for irrigation or some other purpose?

And what means do you see using for getting this information from the fields to the farmer's homes? Is powerline communication a possibility, or RF, or cell phone, or other means a possibility?

What information do you want to transfer, and how ofetn?

thanks a lot sir thanks for the reply

information in sense weather at that moment what's the condition of motor weather is work or not.
is voltage fluctuation is there or not if its there motor would be damaged. motor in field for irrigation purpose.

from sitting in home farmer sends a message for status to check weather there is current or not.and if current is there what's the status of irrigation motor.and if motor status is good what's the current status and is every thing is fine motor starts and it runs for required period is automatically shut downs.if any damage occurs to motor it should intimate farmer
its like totally remote motor control using gsm

i m just a fresher perusing my 3rd year in b-tech i am having less knowledge in this part i need to know what are the requirements for this which type of circuit board to be used like aurdino board etc or using new technology reberry pi etc

what are the thing really need for this and what would be the cost for this
can an ordinary farmer afford it?

Last edited:

Related to Suggestion for a fresher for a project

1. What is the best way to come up with project ideas as a fresher?

As a fresher, it can be challenging to come up with project ideas. One way is to look for inspiration from your coursework, hobbies, or current events. You can also talk to your peers, professors, or mentors for suggestions. Additionally, browsing through online forums and attending workshops or conferences can help spark ideas.

2. How do I choose the right project as a fresher?

When choosing a project as a fresher, it's essential to consider your interests and strengths. You should also assess the resources and time you have available for the project. It's recommended to choose a project that challenges you but is also achievable within the given timeframe.

3. What are some important factors to keep in mind while working on a project as a fresher?

As a fresher, it's crucial to stay organized and plan your project's timeline and tasks. It's also essential to communicate regularly with your project supervisor or team members and ask for help when needed. Keeping track of your progress and making any necessary adjustments along the way can also contribute to a successful project.

4. How can I make my project stand out as a fresher?

To make your project stand out, you can incorporate innovative ideas, technologies, or methodologies. You can also conduct thorough research and present your findings in a clear and concise manner. Additionally, adding visuals, such as charts or graphs, can make your project more visually appealing.

5. How can I use my project as a learning experience as a fresher?

As a fresher, your project can serve as an opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned in your coursework. It is also a chance to learn new skills, such as project management, communication, and problem-solving. Reflecting on your project's successes and challenges can also help you identify areas for improvement and continue to grow as a scientist.