Suggestion College or University In Malaysia

In summary, the individual is from Malaysia and has a strong interest in studying physics and becoming a physicist. They have noticed that the education for physics in Malaysia is not up to par compared to other countries and they have already graduated but are looking to continue their studies. They mention that going to another country, such as the U.S., would be a better choice but they want to stay in Malaysia. They ask for suggestions of good colleges or universities in Malaysia, and the response suggests UM, USM, and UKM as reasonable options but advises to stay away from private universities. They also suggest considering going to Singapore, as it is close to Malaysia.
Poseidonho
I live in Malaysia and I had a lot of interest to study physics and become a physicist.

But so far the education of physics in Malaysia was not good enough with compare with other country. I had graduated and wish to continue in future study.

I know is a better choice is going other country such as U.S. but I wish to stay in my own country and study.So any good suggestion of college or university in Malaysia,

Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org
UM, USM and UKM are all reasonable options.
Just stay away from the private universities.

You can also consider going to Singapore, it is reasonably near to Malaysia [That's what I did].

Related to Suggestion College or University In Malaysia

1. What are the top universities in Malaysia?

As of 2021, the top universities in Malaysia based on the QS World University Rankings are Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), and Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). However, there are also other reputable universities such as Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) and Taylor's University that are highly ranked in specific subject areas.

2. What are the admission requirements for universities in Malaysia?

The admission requirements for universities in Malaysia vary depending on the institution and program. Generally, international students are required to have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent qualification, meet the minimum language proficiency requirements (usually IELTS or TOEFL), and submit their academic transcripts and other relevant documents. Some universities may also require students to take entrance exams or interviews.

3. How much does it cost to study in a university in Malaysia?

The cost of studying in a university in Malaysia varies depending on the institution, program, and nationality of the student. On average, international students can expect to pay around RM20,000 to RM40,000 (USD 5,000 - 10,000) per year for tuition fees. Living expenses, including accommodation, food, and transportation, may cost an additional RM10,000 to RM20,000 (USD 2,500 - 5,000) per year.

4. Are scholarships available for international students in Malaysian universities?

Yes, there are various scholarships available for international students in Malaysian universities. Some are offered directly by the universities, while others are funded by the Malaysian government or private organizations. These scholarships may cover full or partial tuition fees, living expenses, and even airfare. It is important to check with the university or relevant scholarship providers for the eligibility and application requirements.

5. What is the academic calendar like in Malaysian universities?

The academic calendar in Malaysian universities typically follows a semester system, with two main intakes in a year - September and February. The exact dates may vary slightly between universities, but a typical academic year consists of two semesters, each lasting around 14-16 weeks. There may also be a short mid-semester break and a longer break between semesters for students to rest and recharge.