Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide

• MHB
  • Thread starter missnerdist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between tangent, cosine, and secant functions. It also includes a reminder about simplifying fractions.
missnerdist

Attachments

• Ch4quiz22.PNG
    Ch4quiz22.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
#17 ...

note $\tan{\theta}=\dfrac{y}{x}$

#22 ...

Point P is on the negative y-axis ... the angle measured CCW from the positive x-axis to that part of the y-axis is $\dfrac{3\pi}{2}$, an angle whose cosine is zero.

fyi, the secant of an angle is the reciprocal of its cosine value.

edit ... looks like you've lengthened the laundry list.

skeeter said:
#17 ...

#22 ...

Point P is on the negative y-axis ... the angle measured CCW from the positive x-axis to that part of the y-axis is $\dfrac{3\pi}{2}$, an angle whose cosine is zero.

I got #8! :D

- - - Updated - - -

skeeter said:
#17 ...

#22 ...

For #17, I'm not too sure. At first I thought that the answer would be (-5,3), but it seems that it isn't the case.

missnerdist said:
For #17, I'm not too sure. At first I thought that the answer would be (-5,3), but it seems that it isn't the case.

hint ... simplify a fraction

skeeter said:
hint ... simplify a fraction

I got it! Thanks!

Related to Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide

What is "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide"?

"Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" is a book or guide that provides strategies and tips for achieving success in solving problems #17 and #22.

Who is the target audience for "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide"?

The target audience for "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" is anyone who wants to improve their problem-solving skills and achieve success in solving problems #17 and #22. This could include students, professionals, or anyone facing these specific problems.

What makes "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" different from other self-help books?

"Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" focuses specifically on solving problems #17 and #22, providing targeted and practical advice for these specific challenges. It also utilizes scientific research and evidence-based strategies to help readers achieve success.

Can the strategies in "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" be applied to other problems?

Yes, the strategies in "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" can be applied to other problems as well. While the guide is geared towards solving problems #17 and #22, the tips and techniques can be adapted and used for other problem-solving scenarios.

How can "Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" help me achieve success?

"Success: Solving #17 and #22 - A Guide" provides practical and evidence-based strategies for solving problems #17 and #22. By following these strategies and implementing them in your problem-solving approach, you can increase your chances of success and achieve your goals.