Substitute for The INTEL Microprocessors Textbook?

• Thread starter tete9000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbook
In summary, the conversation is about a Mechatronics Engineering student seeking a substitute for their course textbook on assembly language. The student describes the book as poorly organized and asks for recommendations. Another person suggests searching the web for an assembler primer or using the book "Assembly Language for Intel-Based Computers" by Kip Irvin.
tete9000
Hello guys, I'm a Mechatronics Engineering student, we take a course on "assembly language" and use the textbook:

" The INTEL Microprocessors: 8086/8088, 80186/80188, 80286, 80386, 80486, Pentium, Pentium Pro Processor, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4, and Core2 with 64-bit Extensions, 8e "

This book is not bad, but it's really one of the worst coordinated books I've ever used. My question is: is there any substitute to this book that I can use?

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Technology news on Phys.org
That's probably meant to be a reference book, not a primer to help someone learn assembly. Try doing a web search for "assembler primer" and you should find some good information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Substitute for The INTEL Microprocessors Textbook?

1. What is the purpose of the "Substitute for The INTEL Microprocessors Textbook"?

The purpose of this substitute textbook is to provide an alternative resource for learning about INTEL microprocessors. This could be useful for students who are unable to access the original textbook or are seeking additional materials for studying.

2. Who can benefit from using this substitute textbook?

This substitute textbook can benefit anyone who is interested in learning about INTEL microprocessors. It can be particularly useful for students, educators, and professionals in the fields of computer science, engineering, or technology.

3. How does this substitute textbook differ from the original INTEL Microprocessors Textbook?

This substitute textbook may differ from the original in terms of content, organization, and format. It may also include additional resources, such as practice problems and supplementary materials, to enhance the learning experience.

4. Is this substitute textbook endorsed by INTEL?

No, this substitute textbook is not endorsed by INTEL. It is an independent resource created by a different author or publisher.

5. Where can I access this substitute textbook?

This substitute textbook may be available for purchase or online access through various retailers or websites. It is important to confirm the credibility and reliability of the source before accessing the material.

Back