Studying physics is better in France or German?

In summary, the conversation discusses the advantages of studying physics in France or Germany, as well as considerations such as language skills, university options, and program structures. The general consensus is to go where the individual feels most comfortable and can best excel. Some recommended universities mentioned are ETH-Z, EPFL, Leipzig, and Oldenburg. It is also suggested to consider programs such as Classe Preparatoire Aux Grandes Ecoles in France. Overall, the language used to describe physics does not significantly impact one's success in studying it.
Mohamad&Issa
Hello..
I want to kwon if studying physics in France is better than studying it in German.
And what universities are good to study it in.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends on the university, your measure of "better" and some other parameters like money, admission standards, language skills and so on.

Go where you feel like your home, May be university teach you in English but also consider about surrounding languages. If you are not a native of either then choice is depended on University Departments.

I wonder if some languages have advantages over others as to describing physics. I'd think it would be a pain trying to remember which particles are male and which are female - or does it work that way?

I mean its better if he lives in his mother-tongue. Also OP type the language German not the country Germany.

Last edited:
Please name the Universities you are looking.(and there academic syllabus page link)

Are you going to study Physics in France or study Physics in French?

Germany is basically where it all started in terms of modern physics but that's pretty much irrelevant. Go where you are comfortable with language.

Algr said:
I wonder if some languages have advantages over others as to describing physics. I'd think it would be a pain trying to remember which particles are male and which are female - or does it work that way?
In German, all particles and particle types are neutral, that is easy ;).

^
Haha!

---

If you are fluent in both German and French, and have in enough money to live in Switzerland, you can apply to ETH-Z and EPFL.

If you're going to Germany, Leipzig and Oldenburg have physics and engineering physics programs respectively. Both of which are taught in English.

In France, it's probably a better idea to go for a Classe Preparatoire Aux Grandes Ecoles. Alternatively going to a French uni, and then applying for Magistere after the second year is a fine option. That is based on what I've read and heard about the French educational system.

Related to Studying physics is better in France or German?

1. Is the quality of education better in France or Germany for studying physics?

The quality of education in both France and Germany is generally high, with highly ranked universities and research institutions in both countries. However, it is difficult to determine which country offers a better overall education in physics as it can vary depending on the specific program and university.

2. Are the teaching methods different between France and Germany for studying physics?

Both France and Germany have strong traditions in physics education, and the teaching methods used may vary depending on the institution. However, both countries have a strong emphasis on hands-on and practical learning, with a combination of lectures, lab work, and research opportunities.

3. Are there any notable differences in the curriculum for studying physics between France and Germany?

The curriculum for studying physics in both France and Germany is similar, as it is based on the same core principles and theories. However, there may be slight variations in the specific topics covered or the depth of study, depending on the institution and program.

4. Is it easier to find job opportunities in the field of physics in France or Germany?

Both France and Germany have strong economies and thriving scientific communities, offering numerous job opportunities in the field of physics. It ultimately depends on individual preferences and career goals, as well as the specific job market at the time.

5. Are there any notable differences in the cost of studying physics in France and Germany?

The cost of studying physics in France and Germany can vary depending on the university and program, as well as the individual's nationality. In general, public universities in Germany have lower tuition fees compared to private universities in France, but there may be other factors to consider, such as living expenses and potential scholarships or financial aid opportunities.