Stuck in Invisible Mode: How to Get Out

• Thread starter fuzzyfelt
  • Start date
In summary, getting stuck in invisible mode is usually caused by a glitch or accidental changes in online status settings. Signs of being stuck in invisible mode include not receiving messages or notifications and showing offline status while being online. To fix this issue, one can check online status settings, log out and back in, or contact technical support. While there is no guaranteed way to prevent this issue, regularly checking settings and keeping software and devices updated can help minimize the chances. The frequency of this problem depends on the specific software or device being used, and if it persists, it is recommended to seek help from technical support.
fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
Don't mind too much, just thought I should mention it.
No matter how often I turn off the box that says invisible, I seem to remain that way.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know how I appear to others, of course, but the asterisk remains after my name and when I return to the box it is ticked, not how I left it. I'll try again.

Sorry Greg, I didn't save the option.

Related to Stuck in Invisible Mode: How to Get Out

1. What causes someone to get stuck in invisible mode?

Being stuck in invisible mode is usually caused by a glitch or bug in the software or device being used. It can also happen if the user accidentally changes their online status settings.

2. How do I know if I am stuck in invisible mode?

If you are unable to receive messages or notifications from other users, or if your status is shown as offline even though you are online, then you may be stuck in invisible mode.

3. How can I fix being stuck in invisible mode?

The first step is to check your online status settings and make sure you have not accidentally set yourself to invisible. If that is not the case, try logging out and back in or restarting your device. If the issue persists, it may be a glitch in the software or device and you may need to contact technical support for assistance.

4. Can I prevent myself from getting stuck in invisible mode?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent getting stuck in invisible mode. However, regularly checking your online status settings and keeping your software and devices updated can help minimize the chances of experiencing this issue.

5. Is being stuck in invisible mode a common problem?

It depends on the specific software or device being used. In some cases, it may be a common issue that is known to the developers and they may have provided a solution. In other cases, it may be a rare occurrence. If you are experiencing this issue frequently, it is recommended to reach out to technical support for assistance.