Strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent

In summary, the conversation discusses the existence and behavior of bare quarks and their emission of gluons. It is mentioned that there are no bare quarks as they quickly hadronize, but for short time intervals they can remain outside hadrons. Jet quenching, an effect of high-energetic quarks or gluons flying through QCD matter, is also mentioned. The conversation also addresses the concept of medium-induced processes, such as Cherenkov radiation and Bremsstrahlung, and the emission of photons by charged particles. The expert concludes that while a quark that has not yet been hadronized can emit gluons while being accelerated or decelerated, they are never truly alone and can still be influenced by
Garlic
Gold Member
Are there strong interactional equivalents of synchrotron, bremsstrahlung and cerenkov radiation?
Or for the weak/gravitational interactions?
For example, will an accelerating bare quark emit gluons?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are no bare quarks.

Jet quenching is an effect of high-energetic quarks or gluons flying through QCD matter.

mfb said:
There are no bare quarks.
I don't understand what you are meaning. There are no bare quarks, because they quickly hadronize. But for really short time intervals, they can remain outside hadrons, it's just a question of time.

mfb said:
Jet quenching is an effect of high-energetic quarks or gluons flying through QCD matter.
I have red it. It says this process is medium induced, that's not what I meant.

I mean, a charged particle emits photons while being accelerated und decelerated, does a quark that has not yet been hadronized emit gluons while being accelerated or decelerated?

Garlic said:
But for really short time intervals, they can remain outside hadrons
They are never alone. They can be too high-energetic to be bound in hadrons, but you still don't get isolated quarks.
Garlic said:
I have red it. It says this process is medium induced, that's not what I meant.
Cherenkov radiation and Bremsstrahlung are induced by other matter as well. And you cannot have free quarks.
Garlic said:
I mean, a charged particle emits photons while being accelerated und decelerated, does a quark that has not yet been hadronized emit gluons while being accelerated or decelerated?
Sort of. You get parton showers.

Likes Garlic
Thank you :smile:

Related to Strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent

What is strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent?

The strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent, also known as the strong force radiation equivalent, is a theoretical concept in particle physics that describes the emission of electromagnetic radiation by charged particles due to the strong nuclear force.

How does strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent differ from regular bremsstrahlung?

The main difference between strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent and regular bremsstrahlung is the type of force responsible for the emission of radiation. While regular bremsstrahlung is caused by the electric force, strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent is caused by the strong nuclear force.

What are the applications of strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent?

Strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent has many applications in particle physics, such as understanding the interactions between particles in strong nuclear force fields and studying the properties of hadrons.

Is strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent a confirmed phenomenon?

Currently, strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent is a theoretical concept and has not been experimentally confirmed. However, there is ongoing research and experiments being conducted to test its existence.

Can strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent be observed in everyday life?

No, strong force bremsstrahlung equivalent is a phenomenon that occurs on a very small scale and is only relevant in the field of particle physics. It cannot be observed in everyday life.