The Hilarious Movie: Europe's Late Release and Controversy

In summary: Originally posted by Hurkyl The movie came out in Europe a few weeks ago (I know, really late) and I watched it yesterday and it was SOO FUNNY! That character of the shortterm memory fish was just so funny :)But wasn't there some kind controversy about the movie which I missed?In summary, there was some controversy about the movie which I missed. The movie was funny, and I liked it.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The movie came out in Europe a few weeks ago (I know, really late) and I watched it yesterday and it was SOO FUNNY! That character of the shortterm memory fish was just so funny :)

But wasn't there some kind controversy about the movie which I missed?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Monique
The movie came out in Europe a few weeks ago (I know, really late) and I watched it yesterday and it was SOO FUNNY! That character of the shortterm memory fish was just so funny :)

A French author has filed a plagiarism lawsuit against Disney & Pixar films claiming that Nemo looks like his fish.

really..

Remember the 3rd girl I was talking about? Finding Nemo was one of her favorite, aside from Miss Congeniality, Bruce Almighty, What a girl wants,. etc...

There's more to life than women, Prudens!

Originally posted by Hurkyl

Thanks, your banal will be on my wall now.

I don't know by Controversy what are you pointing to...but I liked the movie very much that I've bought the DVD :)

I like specially that part:
The effort of the father to find his only child and a child's respect and pride for his father awsome :)

Actually anything Pixar and Disney make is a Classic :)

I still remember, Monster Inc. one of the best animation movies I've ever seen :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hurkyl

Only on a physics website...

I saw the movie and liked it. I cannot think of any controversy it would stir but maybe I missed it. For an animated film, which I hardly ever see, I liked it. I may go see Cat in Hat soon?? Timejim.

OH PUH-LEEZ NOT Cat in Hat, that looks so dire that i can't believe it made it to the box office, its been slated constantly here in Britain. I remember it got -ve points in a magazine and every film got an extra 2 points because they WERENT Cat in Hat!

Finding Nemo is funny, i reckon the seagulls were the best!

*mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine!*

I really liked when that girly fish started talking whale,
I was almost literally rolling on the floor!

i thought they said *mate, mate* cos they were australian

Originally posted by timejim
I saw the movie and liked it. I cannot think of any controversy it would stir but maybe I missed it.
No one reads my posts.
Originally posted by Evo
A French author has filed a plagiarism lawsuit against Disney & Pixar films claiming that Nemo looks like his fish.

i read them Evo! but i couldn't find a comment which didnt include a swear-word, so i thought "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" but i do acknowledge your posts!

Originally posted by jimmy p
i read them Evo! but i couldn't find a comment which didnt include a swear-word, so i thought "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" but i do acknowledge your posts!
ROFL!

Chopnik, I like you more each day. Oh, and my advice for your upcoming interview...Stilletto heels...footwear/lethal weapon, you can't go wrong. :wink:

I just saw the movie during the Holidays, a friend of mine ("mine?mine?mine?") has it on DVD. Great movie, much to my suprise. I was sure it would be a musical, nearly all animated films are.

They also had the extended version of The Two Towers, so we watched that a couple of days later. You know the part where Gullum dives into that pool and comes up with the fish, and while he's singing, it almost wrigglles out of his grasp? I started singing, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." until he bashed its head in on the rocks. Then my friend's wife pummelled me about the head and shoulders.[b(]

Maybe I watch too much MST3K.

Ok, heavy make-up, short skirt, shaved legs and killer heels it is. I'm going to feel like a drag queen. At least it will be a fresh front for the interviewers. :wink:

I am glad i provide merriment to your life Evo. It makes whittling my social life away more worthwhile!

Ok, heavy make-up, short skirt, shaved legs and killer heels it is. I'm going to feel like a drag queen. At least it will be a fresh front for the interviewers. :wink:
You will have to post a picture on PF. Chopnikindrag.jpg :wink:

I am glad i provide merriment to your life Evo.[/B]
More than you will ever know. Hey, can I adopt you? I have two daughters, no son.

Originally posted by Evo
Hey, can I adopt you? I have two daughters, no son.

Woot, free feel, i'll just pack my bags and tell my parents that i am going to a friends house...in america...for a few years... i got to think of a better reason!

Woot, free feel, i'll just pack my bags and tell my parents that i am going to a friends house...in america...for a few years... i got to think of a better reason!
Just call me mom!

I can't wait to tell my daughters that they are going to have a new brother.

OK mom, I am so excited! i always wanted to have a sister, but instead i will have many! :smile: woot! America, here i come!

I guess 'Nemo' has been found

I guess 'Nemo' has been found
Monique, that was brilliant! :smile:

Lol, indeed. Chopnik, Nemo, whatever next? [?] [?]

Origionally posted by Chopnick Nemo
whatever next?

Hmmm i can think of a few, *******!

Originally posted by Moni
I still remember, Monster Inc. one of the best animation movies I've ever seen :)

Bit o' trivia...
Nemo appears in Monsters Inc. Can anyone guess when/where?

Mike Wa...Waz...the green monster with one eye appears in Nemo too (easier to guess where).

1. What is "The Hilarious Movie: Europe's Late Release and Controversy" about?

"The Hilarious Movie: Europe's Late Release and Controversy" is a comedy film that follows the story of a group of friends who embark on a trip to Europe. However, their plans are derailed when the movie they were looking forward to watching is delayed in Europe due to censorship issues.

2. Why was the movie's release delayed in Europe?

The movie's release was delayed in Europe due to some controversial scenes that were deemed inappropriate by European censors. This caused a lot of buzz and anticipation for the film's eventual release.

3. Is the movie based on a true story?

No, "The Hilarious Movie: Europe's Late Release and Controversy" is a fictional story created by the writer and director. However, it is inspired by real-life instances where movies have faced censorship issues in different parts of the world.

4. Who stars in "The Hilarious Movie: Europe's Late Release and Controversy"?

The movie features an ensemble cast including popular comedians and actors such as Amy Schumer, Seth Rogen, Melissa McCarthy, and Kevin Hart.

5. How has the movie been received by audiences and critics?

The movie has received mixed reviews from both audiences and critics. Some have praised its clever humor and satirical take on censorship, while others have criticized its over-the-top and offensive jokes. Overall, it has been a box office success, but it has also sparked debates about the limits of comedy and free speech.