Strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a cantilever beam with a steel wire attached to control vibration. The speaker is seeking a way to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam caused by the vibration. It is mentioned that the force required to control the vibration is high without the use of an angle, and the speaker is conducting simulations to determine the most effective method.
Gerrgegeorge
Well, i have a cantilever beam where i have the displacement of the tip of the beam (y axis) data from a vibration of this beam. In the tip of the beam is a steel wire attached, pulling up the beam with an angle (30º for example).

I want to know if exists a form to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam (the vibration).

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Gerrgegeorge said:
Well, i have a cantilever beam where i have the displacement of the tip of the beam (y axis) data from a vibration of this beam. In the tip of the beam is a steel wire attached, pulling up the beam with an angle (30º for example).

I want to know if exists a form to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam (the vibration).

Thanks
Are these beam questions of yours for schoolwork? If so, they should be posted in the Homework Help forums...

Likes Nidum
@Gerrgegeorge :

Let us deal with the basic problem on your other thread first . We can come back to this one later .

Likes berkeman
No, is a project of mine.

I am using a specific material to control the vibration of the beam, this material is a wire. I have tried without the angle (paralel to the beam) but in this mode the force that i need is much high.
As my material varies is force based on his strain i need this information, but the problem is that i only have the vibration of the beam information (strain gage)

I have some ideas, but as i making simulations i want to know the right method.

Related to Strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam

What is the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam?

The strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam refers to the amount of deformation or change in length that the wire experiences when subjected to external forces or loads.

How is the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam calculated?

The strain of a wire can be calculated using the formula: ε = (Change in length) / (Original length). This formula can be applied to the wire tied with an angle in a beam by measuring the change in length of the wire and dividing it by its original length.

What factors can affect the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam?

The strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam can be affected by various factors such as the material properties of the wire, the magnitude and direction of external forces, and the geometry of the beam and angle.

How does the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam relate to the stress on the wire?

The strain of a wire is directly proportional to the stress on the wire. This means that as the wire experiences more strain, the stress on the wire also increases.

What are the practical applications of studying the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam?

Studying the strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam is important in engineering and structural design. It allows engineers to determine the maximum load a wire can withstand before breaking and helps in determining the appropriate materials and dimensions for a structure to ensure its stability and safety.