G force FX 5200 PCI + XP = ACK

• Thread starter Zabador
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Force
In summary, the person has recently purchased a g force fx 5200 graphics card but is unable to get it to run on their computer. They have tried disabling the onboard VGA and changing the driver to "default vga" but the issue persists. They have also attempted to boot in safe mode, but the problem remains. They are seeking help to resolve the issue.
Zabador
ello all,
i just bought a g force fx 5200 on pci ( i know its not top of the line but itll serve my needs) but i can't seem to get it to run. on boot up the monitor light goes orange (Suspended mode screen goes black) I am using a M7VKQ by biostar as a mobo and I am running windows xp service pack 1 as an os. on a few other forums they sugested disabeling the onboard vga but in bios i only got a option to switch between the defaults (onboard or PCI). this allows me to use the new card in dos and in the bios but when the os comes up the simptoms return. I've also tried uninstalling the onboard but its the same all thing.

help?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Before you disable the onboard, change the driver to "default vga". It sounds like its trying to boot with the old drivers for the new card.

Try booting in safe mode. If it doesn't boot in safe mode, it's a hardware problem. If it does boot in safe mode, uninstall the drivers for the previous card, and install new drivers.

1. What is the G force FX 5200 PCI?

The G force FX 5200 PCI is a graphics card manufactured by Nvidia. It was released in 2003 and is designed for use in desktop computers.

2. Can the G force FX 5200 PCI be used on a computer running Windows XP?

Yes, the G force FX 5200 PCI is compatible with Windows XP. However, some drivers may need to be updated for optimal performance.

3. What is the purpose of the G force FX 5200 PCI?

The G force FX 5200 PCI is used to enhance the graphics capabilities of a computer. It is particularly useful for gaming, video editing, and other graphics-intensive tasks.

4. What does "ACK" mean in relation to the G force FX 5200 PCI and Windows XP?

"ACK" is not a term commonly associated with the G force FX 5200 PCI and Windows XP. It is possible that it is being used as an acronym for something else, but it is not relevant to the graphics card and operating system.

5. How does the G force FX 5200 PCI compare to newer graphics cards?

The G force FX 5200 PCI is an older graphics card and has been surpassed by newer models in terms of performance and features. However, it can still be a good option for budget-conscious users or those with older computers that are not compatible with newer graphics cards.