Srctp missing (MCNPX program error)

In summary, the conversation discusses a fatal error with MCNPX related to a missing source term. The suggested solutions include checking for missing files and incorrect permissions, ensuring proper configuration for networked systems, and contacting the MCNPX support team for further assistance. It is also recommended to check for errors or typos in the input file.
Ahmed Adly
Hi, I have a problem with MCNPX
when running the file, a fatal error ( srctp missing: inpn1o ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I tried to reinstall MCNPX, but it still gives the same error.
Can you help me?

This error can be caused by a number of different things, including missing files or incorrect permission settings. First, make sure that all the necessary input files and source libraries are present in the working directory when you are running the file. Then, check the permissions of the files, making sure they are set correctly for the user running the file. Additionally, if you are using MCNPX on a networked system, make sure that the system is configured properly. Finally, if none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to contact the MCNPX support team for further assistance.

Hi there, have you tried checking your input file for any errors? It seems like the error is related to a missing source term, so make sure you have properly defined all your source terms in the input file. Also, check for any typos or missing data that could be causing the issue. If you're still having trouble, try reaching out to the MCNPX support team for further assistance. Hope this helps!

Related to Srctp missing (MCNPX program error)

1. What does "Srctp missing" mean in relation to the MCNPX program error?

"Srctp missing" refers to a missing source routine file in the MCNPX program. This file is necessary for the program to run properly and without it, the program will encounter an error and may not produce accurate results.

2. How can I fix the "Srctp missing" error in MCNPX?

The best way to fix this error is to locate the missing source routine file and ensure it is properly linked to the MCNPX program. If the file is missing, you may need to reinstall the program or contact the program developers for assistance in obtaining the file.

3. Is the "Srctp missing" error a common issue with the MCNPX program?

Yes, this error is fairly common and can occur for a variety of reasons such as a corrupted program file or an incomplete installation. It is important to regularly check and update the program to prevent this error from occurring.

4. Can I still use the MCNPX program if I encounter the "Srctp missing" error?

It is not recommended to use the program if you encounter this error, as it may produce inaccurate results. It is best to resolve the error before using the program for any scientific analysis or calculations.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "Srctp missing" error from occurring in the future?

To prevent this error, it is important to regularly update the MCNPX program and ensure all necessary files are properly linked. It is also helpful to keep a backup of the program files in case of any errors or issues.