Square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid

The equation is calculating the induced emf in the loop, which is equal to the change in magnetic flux over time. In summary, a square loop of wire with a side length of 0.1 m and a resistance of 30 W surrounds a solenoid with a radius of 0.025 m and 500 turns, and is 0.3 m long. The current in the solenoid is increasing at a rate of 0.7 A/s, and the induced emf in the loop is calculated using the equation e = A*(m0nDI)/Dt, where A is the area inside the solenoid and n is the number of turns. The current flowing in the square loop cannot be determined with
gobananas1441
A square loop of wire surrounds a solenoid. The side of the square is 0.1 m, while the radius of the solenoid is 0.025 m. The square loop has a resistance of 30 W. The solenoid has 500 turns and is 0.3 m long. The current in the solenoid is increasing at a constant rate of 0.7 A/s. What is the current flowing in the square loop?

e = -DFB/Dt = A*DB/Dt
e = A*(m0nDI)/Dt

I cannot figure out what the area the equation is talking about. I substituted 500 for n and .7 for change in I over change in T but the area i have which i thought was .001m^2 i don't think is right. help!

Physics news on Phys.org
The area is the area inside the solenoid, since this is the only place where there is an external magnetic field.

Related to Square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid

1. What is a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid?

A square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid is a type of electromagnetic device used in scientific experiments and industrial applications. It consists of a square-shaped wire loop placed around a cylindrical coil of wire called a solenoid. This configuration allows for the manipulation and measurement of magnetic fields.

2. How does a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid work?

The square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid works by creating a magnetic field when an electric current is passed through the solenoid. The square loop acts as a magnet and the magnetic field created by the solenoid passes through the loop, causing it to become magnetized as well. This interaction between the magnetic fields allows for various experiments and applications.

3. What are the uses of a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid?

A square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid has numerous uses in science and technology. It can be used in experiments to study the behavior of magnetic fields, as well as in applications such as electromagnets, electric motors, and generators.

4. How is a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid different from a regular solenoid?

A square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid differs from a regular solenoid in its shape. While a regular solenoid is cylindrical, a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid has a square shape. This difference in shape allows for different applications and experiments to be conducted.

5. What factors affect the strength of the magnetic field in a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid?

The strength of the magnetic field in a square loop of wire surrounding a solenoid is affected by several factors, including the number of turns in the solenoid, the current passing through the solenoid, the size and shape of the loop, and the material of the wire used. Additionally, the distance between the solenoid and the loop can also affect the strength of the magnetic field.