Speed of light = oo mass = black hole?

In summary, The author discusses alternative energy sources, and discusses how if someone were to go too fast, they could potentially become a black hole. He provides a few perspectives on the matter, and ends with a summary of the conversation.
Nitysuj..original post...
I was thinking the other day about an alternative energy

As a matter of interest, what prompted that?? Were you considering that from the perspective of a particular country or geographic region??

Physics news on Phys.org
Naty1 said:
Nitysuj..original post...

As a matter of interest, what prompted that?? Were you considering that from the perspective of a particular country or geographic region??

Hey Naty1,

is that post directed at me?

Im guessing Nitysuj, means yea. But I have no clue what's being quoted there, so no context for your post?

I almost never think of alternative energy sources, they're too short lived!

In theory it would be plausible, even by using the simplest of formulas (f=ma),but Since you would apply Einsteins theory of Special relativity (E= MC ^2) you should know that light is considered to be at Rest mass where it is unaffected by gravitational forces. Now essentially if you wanted to use elementary Particles with a mass that is in accordance to mass of 10^-6 or higher. You could use same concept of the Large Hadron Collider and accelerate the particles to the speed of light and thus increase the Mass, you could use force equation.Assuming that a black holes force is Approx 10^56 power (that number was made up because the force of a black hole is said to be infinite in power), You know that the speed of light is about 300,000 km/s and is the fastest speed possible you could rearrange the variables (F=MA) and get the idea (10^56=M*300,000) that mass would have to increase to 3.33333*10^50 which is about 89% of a black hole which would therefore alter you to manipulate particles through Space and Time

electron_man said:
In theory it would be plausible, even by using the simplest of formulas (f=ma),but Since you would apply Einsteins theory of Special relativity (E= MC ^2) you should know that light is considered to be at Rest mass where it is unaffected by gravitational forces. Now essentially if you wanted to use elementary Particles with a mass that is in accordance to mass of 10^-6 or higher. You could use same concept of the Large Hadron Collider and accelerate the particles to the speed of light and thus increase the Mass, you could use force equation.Assuming that a black holes force is Approx 10^56 power (that number was made up because the force of a black hole is said to be infinite in power), You know that the speed of light is about 300,000 km/s and is the fastest speed possible you could rearrange the variables (F=MA) and get the idea (10^56=M*300,000) that mass would have to increase to 3.33333*10^50 which is about 89% of a black hole which would therefore alter you to manipulate particles through Space and Time

Rather than repeat, I would ask you to read the prior posts on this thread. Nearly every statement you made is shown to be false in prior posts.

Welcome to Physicsforums.

Take my prior statement as general advice: when adding to the end of a thread, you are strongly encouraged to invest the effort to read prior posts on the thread.

PAllen said:
Rather than repeat, I would ask you to read the prior posts on this thread. Nearly every statement you made is shown to be false in prior posts.

Welcome to Physicsforums.

Take my prior statement as general advice: when adding to the end of a thread, you are strongly encouraged to invest the effort to read prior posts on the thread.

I agree with that statement for the most part in that my argument was not supported by conventional theoretical physics except that the point that is being arguing against with what I am saying the previous posts were in regards to Newtonian gravity and Einsteins theory on Special relativity. I agree with the theorems that were posted about the curvature of space, metric tensors.The gluons and Kinetic energy references are what actually what made want to post that abstract idea.I fully understand the concept of light having rest mass and the ideals behind momentum velocity shifts that occur with photon particles .

P.S: That wasn't meant to be a serious thought it was just an abstract idea that i thought would be humorous

and thank you for the welcome Even if it was meant to be Sarcasm:approve: