Special Relativity Problem Textbook ,

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with understanding special and general relativity. They have already read about the theories and learned the necessary math, but are looking for more practice problems. The person has been recommended to check out the book "Spacetime Physics" by E.F. Taylor and J.A. Wheeler, as well as "Special Relativity: An Introduction with 200 Problems and Solutions" by Michael Tsamparlis.
Noctisdark
Hi PF,
I'm trying to learn both special and general relativity, I have read all about them, learned the basic math needed, but that was all without "enough" exercices to completely understand the theory, so I need problem books that are purely or mostly about problems about special relativity, I'd be very grateful for anyone who helps :), Thanks !

Likes charlesmartin14
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes charlesmartin14

Related to Special Relativity Problem Textbook ,

1. What is Special Relativity?

Special Relativity is a theory developed by Albert Einstein in 1905 that explains how objects move at high speeds, close to the speed of light.

2. What is the difference between Special Relativity and General Relativity?

Special Relativity deals with objects moving at constant speeds in a straight line, while General Relativity deals with objects moving at varying speeds in curved paths, taking into account the effects of gravity.

3. How does Special Relativity affect the concept of time?

According to Special Relativity, time is not absolute and can be perceived differently by observers moving at different speeds. Time also slows down for objects moving at high speeds.

4. Can Special Relativity be applied to everyday situations?

Yes, Special Relativity has been experimentally proven and is used in various fields such as GPS technology and particle accelerators. However, its effects are only noticeable at extremely high speeds.

5. Are there any limitations to Special Relativity?

Special Relativity only applies to objects moving at constant speeds in a straight line. It does not take into account acceleration, gravity, or objects moving at speeds close to the speed of light.