How to Calculate Electric Force Without Charge Coordinates | UTexas HW Help

• Thread starter NINHARDCOREFAN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, being "stuck on a different problem" means encountering a new or unfamiliar issue that prevents progress on a task or project. To overcome this, one can take a break, seek help, break the problem down, or try a different approach. Common reasons for being stuck include a lack of understanding, facing a complex problem, limited resources, or mental blocks. Being stuck can be beneficial for developing problem-solving skills and collaborating with others. It is important to ask for help when all possible solutions have been exhausted or if the problem is time-sensitive or has significant consequences.
NINHARDCOREFAN
https://hw.utexas.edu/tmp/Muddam1/1077041275Xuj.pdf

I'm stuck on fourteen. Without the charge's coordinates how can I calculate the electric force on the charge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by NINHARDCOREFAN
Without the charge's coordinates how can I calculate the electric force on the charge?
The charge is at the origin, coordinates 0,0. (Hint: Problem #14 uses the results of prob #12.)

Oops.

Didn't take notice of the word "origin". Anyway, you don't need to the answers from #12 because F= k*q1*q2/r^2 and you find force of the charges on the origin charge and take the magnitude of it.

What does it mean to be "stuck on a different problem"?

Being "stuck on a different problem" refers to encountering a new or unfamiliar issue that is preventing progress on a task or project. This can happen in any field of study or work, and can range from a technical problem to a conceptual challenge.

How can I overcome being stuck on a different problem?

There are several strategies that can help you overcome being stuck on a different problem. Some suggestions include taking a break and coming back to the problem with a fresh perspective, seeking help or advice from colleagues or experts, breaking the problem down into smaller parts, or trying a different approach or method.

What are some common reasons for being stuck on a different problem?

One common reason for being stuck on a different problem is a lack of understanding or knowledge about the topic or task at hand. Other reasons may include facing a complex or multi-faceted problem, having limited resources or tools, or experiencing mental blocks or distractions.

How can being stuck on a different problem be beneficial?

While being stuck on a different problem can be frustrating, it can also be a valuable learning experience. It can help develop problem-solving skills, encourage critical thinking, and lead to new insights and discoveries. It also allows for opportunities to collaborate with others and expand one's knowledge and skills.

When should I ask for help when stuck on a different problem?

It is important to know when to ask for help when stuck on a different problem. If you have exhausted all possible solutions and have made no progress, it may be time to seek assistance. Additionally, if the problem is time-sensitive or has significant consequences, it may be wise to ask for help sooner rather than later. Remember, asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but rather a proactive approach to finding a solution.