Spacetime Physics - which edition/printing?

In summary: I think the '71 edition is the one with solutionsIn summary, the conversation is about determining which edition of the textbook Spacetime Physics by Wheeler and Taylor is the better one, with worked problems and solutions. The first edition from 1966 and 1971 are being considered, with the question being whether the 1971 edition has the solutions or if it is the 1966 edition. The seller confirms that the 1971 edition is the one with a red cover and it is also easy to recognize as it has solutions in the second half of the book. The ISBN for the red paperback first edition is 0-7167-0336-X and it has 61 pages of solutions. The individuals in the
autodidude
After reading some posts on PF, it seems that the 1st edition of Spacetime Physics by Wheeler and Taylor is considered to be the better one, having worked problems and solutions. I'm looking at a few used ones on Alibris and there's one from 1966 and a few from 1971. My question is is the one from '71 the one with the solutions or is it the '66?

I'm pretty sure they're both first editions because from what I've gathered, the first editions have a red cover and the seller of one of the '71 has told me it's red.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would ask the seller, to be sure of that you buy the right one.

Yeah, they just told me that it is red.

Is the the one with the blue astronaut and black background 1st or 2nd edition?

The book with solutions is easy to recognise. The solutions are not just a few pages, but the second half of the book. It's type-written.

The ISBN of my red paperback first edition is 0-7167-0336-X. It has 61 pages of solutions in the back, so the page count is 269 pages, not including flyleaves and endpapers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/071670336X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

If you order through Amazon, you are protected if the seller sends you the wrong edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks, the ISBN of the copies I'm looking at are all the same

Related to Spacetime Physics - which edition/printing?

1. What is Spacetime Physics?

Spacetime Physics is a subfield of physics that focuses on the relationship between space and time, as described by Einstein's theory of relativity.

2. What is the latest edition of Spacetime Physics?

The latest edition of Spacetime Physics is the third edition, published in 2014.

3. How does Spacetime Physics differ from classical physics?

Unlike classical physics, which views space and time as separate entities, Spacetime Physics considers them as interconnected dimensions that affect each other.

4. Who are the authors of Spacetime Physics?

The authors of Spacetime Physics are Edwin F. Taylor and John Archibald Wheeler.

5. Are there any significant changes in the latest edition compared to previous editions?

Yes, the third edition of Spacetime Physics includes new material on black holes, gravitational waves, and the expanding universe, as well as updated exercises and examples.