Space-Time Higgs field interchangability?

In summary, the conversation involves a suggestion about the Higgs field and space-time being combined to explain the appearance of mass and gravity. The idea proposes that space-time bends to meet matter and creates the illusion of mass through interaction. This could also explain phenomena such as black holes and wormholes. The conversation also acknowledges potential errors and welcomes opinions and criticisms on the idea.
Teknolia
I apologize if this is a nonsensical suggestion/question. I would also like to apologize if this has been placed in the wrong forum.

While surfing the Internet I suddenly had a thought. Could the Higgs field (HF after this) be interchangeable or combined with Space-Time? (to be called "ST" after this. Together labeled as ST-HF.)

The thought is that ST rather than curving due to the mass of matter instead bends to meet matter and provide the appearance of mass via interaction. The more hugely interacting a particle, atom or molecule is, the more massive it appears. The following curvature (due to interaction rather than mass.) in the ST-HG appear to give gravity (rubber mat analogy) due to mass. When matter "sinks" into the curves to give us collections of matter the number of "bends" or "curves" in the ST-HF become larger and more numerous, thus giving us planets, stars and black holes and the appearance of larger measures of gravity.

Black Holes would be just as any other collection of atoms, only apparently much more massive. Under this idea the inescapability of a Black Hole is the same as described, the "walls" are to steep to get flung out of (light). The convergence of the ST-HF distortions would indeed redirect the light towards the collection of matter where they originated. The photons would follow this path rather than be "pulled" back in.

Worm holes and the idea of instantaneous travel through them would be explained by this. Kinks forming in the ST-HF would cause a "tube" between coordinates in the ST-HF. These kinks would appear to operate just as though they led to or through a super-massive object. The lines of gravity and mass would propel and object following them at fantastic speeds. The "tunnel" would thin out (due to stretching) the ST-HF, increasing maximum velocity through itself (FTL Travel becomes possible).

Once again I apologize in advance if this appears to be nonsensical or stupid, possibly even as though a troll type post. I am very interested in opinions or criticisms on this idea/question. I also apologize if I have misused terms and labels in this. Thank you for your interest.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, the degrees of freedom are incorrect, and the higgs is short range (it decays).

Related to Space-Time Higgs field interchangability?

What is the Space-Time Higgs field interchangability?

The Space-Time Higgs field interchangability is a theory in physics that suggests that space and time are interconnected, and can be interchangeable in certain situations.

How does the Higgs field affect space and time?

The Higgs field is thought to give particles mass, which in turn affects the curvature of space-time. This means that the presence of the Higgs field can change the way space and time behave.

What evidence supports the concept of Space-Time Higgs field interchangability?

One of the main pieces of evidence for this theory is the discovery of the Higgs boson particle at the Large Hadron Collider in 2012. This discovery confirmed the existence of the Higgs field and its role in giving particles mass.

How does the concept of Space-Time Higgs field interchangability relate to Einstein's theory of relativity?

Einstein's theory of relativity explains how space and time are interconnected and can be affected by gravity. The concept of the Higgs field adds to this understanding by showing how the presence of this field can also affect the behavior of space and time.

What are the implications of the Space-Time Higgs field interchangability for our understanding of the universe?

If this theory is proven to be true, it would fundamentally change our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It could potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of space and time.