Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Space bar

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
I've got a technical question....This problem is not Forum specific. I've noted it on three different forums so far.

My space key will occasionally not work when I reply to a post. Oddly enough, though, if I'm writing in between "quote" bars the space key works fine.

I haven't got a clue to what's going on. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello Dan,

I have seen this issue coming up more often lately at vBorg, and I believe it is an issue tied to vBulletin's WYSIWYG editor and recent updates to certain browsers. The best advice I can give you is to set the standard editor as your default, from your User Control Panel.

Follow Settings -> My Settings -> -> My Account -> General Settings

Under "Miscellaneous Options," the first group you'll find is "Message Editor Interface:" and set this to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"

dan_settings.png

You will still be able to toggle between the WYSIWYG editor and the standard editor by using the "Switch Editor" button at the top left of the editor toolbar. You could also simply toggle to the standard editor when you experience the spacebar issue, but I recommend making the standard editor your default because there are several issues with the WYSIWYG editor. :)

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
I'll give it a go. Thanks!

-Dan