Someone me with this problem, I am stuck

• Thread starter astudentinneed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, the race car driver must drive at an average speed of 137 km/hr for the remaining three-quarters of the race in order to have an overall average speed of 100 km/hr for the entire 100-kilometer race. This can be calculated by dividing the total distance she needs to cover (75 kilometers) by the remaining time she has to complete the race, which is 0.548 hours. Therefore, the driver must maintain an average speed of 137 km/hr for the remaining 55 minutes and 12 seconds of the race.
astudentinneed
here is the question:

A race car driver sets out on a 100-kilometer race. At the quarter-way marker, her pit crew radios that she has averaged only 60 km/hr. How fast must she drive over the remaining distance in order to average 100 km/hr for the entire race?

please help me out, I have been working on this for 2 hrs now, I am stuck?

would I use the average velocity formula? but then I get a screwed up answer like

avg v = 160km/hr / 1.167hr = 137.1 km/hr^2? can someone please help me out, but then what is 137km/hr^2 in standard units?? I got like .0105m/s^2

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a hint: How much total time does she have to complete the race if she is to average 100 km/hr? How much time has she spent on just the first quarter?

try using the definiton of average speed which is "total distance/total time"

Related to Someone me with this problem, I am stuck

1. How can I find someone to help me with my problem?

There are a few different ways to find someone to help you with a problem. You can try reaching out to friends or family members who have knowledge or expertise in the subject area. You can also search for online forums or communities related to your problem, where you can ask for assistance and advice. Additionally, you can seek out a professional or expert in the field for help.

2. What information should I provide when asking for help with my problem?

When asking for help with a problem, it is important to provide as much information as possible. This includes any relevant details about the problem itself, any steps you have already taken to try and solve it, and any error messages or error codes you have encountered. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for someone to understand and assist with your problem.

3. How can I ensure that the person helping me understands my problem?

One way to ensure that the person helping you understands your problem is to clearly and concisely explain it in your request for help. Be specific about what the problem is, what you have already tried, and any error messages or error codes you have encountered. You can also provide screenshots or videos to help illustrate the problem. Additionally, be open to clarifying any questions the person helping you may have about your problem.

4. Is there a specific format I should follow when asking for help?

While there is no specific format you need to follow when asking for help, there are a few best practices to keep in mind. Make sure to clearly and concisely explain your problem, provide relevant details and information, and be polite and respectful in your request. Additionally, it can be helpful to break down your problem into smaller, more specific questions to make it easier for someone to provide assistance.

5. How can I show my appreciation to someone who helps me with my problem?

It is always important to show gratitude and appreciation to someone who takes the time to help you with a problem. Some ways to show your appreciation include saying thank you, providing positive feedback or reviews, or offering to help them with a problem in return. Remember to always be respectful and grateful for the help you receive.