Some questions about my assignment of functions

In summary: Do not ask for someone to do it for you.In summary, Andrei is asking for help with an assignment, but has not followed forum rules by posting homework. He is also asking for help more than once.
andreipanait
Hi, I've been sick over the last week (strep throat) and I just found out today that I have to hand in an assignment by 2pm. I've completed all the problems but 4 which I don't know how to do. If someone could do them or help me do them asap i'd be forever grateful.
1)Is the following graph symmetric with respect to:
a)the x-axis b)the y-axis c)the origin
y=(x^2 - 4)/(2x^2)

2)Find the domain of
a)7Sqrt(x^3-1) ... it's the little 7 ontop of the sqrt, not 7 * sqrt
b)(2)/(x^2 + 6x + 9)
c)|x|+4

3)find the average rate of change of the f(x)= x^3 from 1 to 2x

4)if y=|x| then draw the following graph
a)y=|x+2|
b)y=|x| +4
c)y=|x+2| + 4
I realize that you won't be able to graph it in form of text so this is my e-mail european_footballstar@hotmail.com
Please show your work*
If anyone at all could help me I would really appreciate it and you'd be saving my life! Desperate please help !

Physics news on Phys.org
andreipanait said:
Hi, I've been sick over the last week (strep throat) and I just found out today that I have to hand in an assignment by 2pm. I've completed all the problems but 4 which I don't know how to do. If someone could do them or help me do them asap i'd be forever grateful.
1)Is the following graph symmetric with respect to:
a)the x-axis b)the y-axis c)the origin
y=(x^2 - 4)/(2x^2)
First thing you are going to have to do is show a little effort on your part. What is the DEFINITION of "symmetric with respect to " the x-axis, the y-axis, the origin?

2)Find the domain of
a)7Sqrt(x^3-1) ... it's the little 7 ontop of the sqrt, not 7 * sqrt
Then it's not a squareroot at all- it is a 7th root.
b)(2)/(x^2 + 6x + 9)
c)|x|+4
Unless otherwise given, the domain is the set of all x for which the caculation can be done. For each of these is there any x for which it CAN'T be done?

3)find the average rate of change of the f(x)= x^3 from 1 to 2x
You mean from 1 to 2. How much is f(2) different from f(1)? How much does it change "per x"?

4)if y=|x| then draw the following graph
a)y=|x+2|
b)y=|x| +4
c)y=|x+2| + 4
Again, what you have said makes no sense. If y= |x| then it can't be any of those other things. I suspect you mean that you are given the graph of y= |x| and are supposed to use it to graph these other functions. Hint: each of these changes shifts the graph left-right or up-down. Which is which?
I realize that you won't be able to graph it in form of text so this is my e-mail european_footballstar@hotmail.com
Please show your work*
If anyone at all could help me I would really appreciate it and you'd be saving my life! Desperate please help !
Tricking your teacher into thinking you know how to do these when you don't is not saving your life- it's just making things harder for you later. By the way, it's a very bad practice to give your e-mail address out profigately. I won't e-mail you because I don't want you to have my e-mail address.

I've merged the two threads into one.

andreipanait, you were supposed to have read the forum rules before posting:

Do NOT post homework in the MATH threads.

Do NOT post the same thing more than once.

For homework help-TRY and show us what you have done.

Related to Some questions about my assignment of functions

1. What is the purpose of assigning functions in my assignment?

The purpose of assigning functions in your assignment is to organize and structure your code in a way that makes it easier to read, understand, and modify. Functions allow you to break down complex tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces, making your code more efficient and maintainable.

2. Can I assign multiple functions to a single task in my assignment?

Yes, you can assign multiple functions to a single task in your assignment. This is known as function composition, where the output of one function becomes the input of another function. It allows for greater flexibility and modularity in your code.

3. How do I know which function to use for a specific task in my assignment?

The function you use for a specific task in your assignment will depend on the requirements and objectives of the task. It is important to carefully read and understand the instructions provided to determine the appropriate function to use. You can also do some research or ask for help from your instructor or peers.

4. Can I create my own custom function for my assignment?

Yes, you can create your own custom function for your assignment. This is known as user-defined functions, where you can define your own custom logic and operations. It can be useful for repetitive tasks or when the built-in functions do not meet your specific needs.

5. Do I need to include a return statement in my functions for my assignment?

It depends on the purpose of your function. If your function is intended to perform a task and does not need to return a value, then a return statement is not necessary. However, if your function is meant to return a specific value or perform a calculation, then a return statement is required to output the result.