Some doubts about gold membership

• Thread starter tsuwal
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the gold membership advantages on Physics Forums. The two perks that caught the attention of the speaker are boolean searching and recognition charts. They ask for an explanation of these perks and mention that other advantages like avatar, signature, and profile photo do not interest them. Another person mentions that they are not familiar with boolean searching and recognition charts, but gold membership also allows for a custom title. The speaker notes that they are not rich and would like to know more about the perks. They are informed that gold membership can be obtained for free by spreading the word on the forum. The conversation ends with a comment about the speaker's profile and favorite area of science.
tsuwal
I was reading gold membership advantagesa and there were only two that caught my attention:

- Boolean searching: what are the boolean options?
- Recognition charts: how do you measure recognition? is it your recognition or other's as well?
- Custom title. Increases the limit characters of the title?

Can someone explain to me what they are?
The avatar, signature, profile photo, ads, set invible,who's online, advantages like better don't interest me.

Physics news on Phys.org
tsuwal said:
I was reading gold membership advantagesa and there were only two that caught my attention:

The biggest advantage is that you support a worthy cause :)
The rest are just small perks.

ok, fair enough but I'm far from rich here. I would like to know what those perks are about.

tsuwal said:

- Boolean searching: what are the boolean options?
- Recognition charts: how do you measure recognition? is it your recognition or other's as well?
- Custom title. Increases the limit characters of the title?

Can someone explain to me what they are?
The avatar, signature, profile photo, ads, set invible,who's online, advantages like better don't interest me.

I'm not sure about the first 2 questions (boolean and recognition)

However, the custom title is the "gold member" thing. You can check it out below my avatar. Under "Recognitions".

Boolean searching is something like "relativity OR relativistic". I don't know how complex the expressions are allowed to get, but AND and OR (and probably NOT) should work.

Nice, I will post in my university after the holidays!

tsuwal said:
Nice, I will post in my university after the holidays!

Wow tsuwal. You look really nice in gold. I see from your profile that your favorite area of science is Biomedical Engineering. Very noble. Welcome to Physics Forums.

Related to Some doubts about gold membership

1. What is gold membership?

Gold membership is a status or level of membership within a specific organization or program, typically associated with certain benefits or privileges.

2. How do I become a gold member?

The process to become a gold member may vary depending on the organization or program. It typically involves meeting certain criteria, such as paying a fee or completing a certain number of tasks or requirements.

3. What are the benefits of gold membership?

The benefits of gold membership can vary, but they often include access to exclusive content, discounts on products or services, priority customer service, and other perks not available to non-members.

4. Is gold membership worth it?

This ultimately depends on the individual and their needs. It is important to consider the cost of membership and the benefits offered to determine if it is worth it for you personally.

5. Can I upgrade from a different membership level to gold membership?

This depends on the specific organization or program. Some may offer the option to upgrade, while others may require individuals to apply for gold membership separately.