Solving Performance Bottleneck: 12-15 Sec Delay

• Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers are experiencing a bottleneck of 12-15 seconds while loading pages due to the connecting or transferring of data from specific websites, such as oascentral.sciam.com and google-analytics.com. This issue is intermittent and may have been caused by Google's recent issues. However, one speaker claims to not have experienced any problems with the mentioned scripts.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
I know this may be like calling the power company to let them know there is a power outage while they are scrambling around to fix the generators but ...

I seem to be getting a bottleneck that lasts as long as 12 - 15 seconds either

"Connecting to oascentral.sciam.com"

or

"Transferring Data www.google-analytics.com"

Needles to say it degrades my enjoyment of the site.

Physics news on Phys.org
I too am seeing occasional holdups of several seconds where the foot of the screen refers to something about google-analytics.com.

It is intermittent, as right now I am not getting much delay, though at times earlier it was every page serve.

Edit: No sooner did I write that than it took 11 seconds to see this message post.

hmmm perhaps google had some issues earlier. I haven't had any problems with those scripts.

Related to Solving Performance Bottleneck: 12-15 Sec Delay

1. What is a performance bottleneck?

A performance bottleneck is a limitation or constraint that impacts the overall performance of a system or process. It can occur at any point in the system and can cause delays or slower processing times.

2. How do you identify a performance bottleneck?

Performance bottlenecks can be identified by monitoring the system's performance metrics, such as CPU usage, memory usage, and network traffic. Additionally, conducting load testing or performance testing can help pinpoint the bottleneck.

3. What can cause a performance bottleneck?

There are many potential causes of a performance bottleneck, including hardware limitations, software issues, inefficient code, insufficient resources, and high user demand. It is important to thoroughly analyze and troubleshoot to determine the root cause.

4. How do you solve a performance bottleneck?

The solution to a performance bottleneck will depend on the specific cause. It may involve optimizing code, upgrading hardware, increasing resources, or implementing caching or load balancing techniques. It is essential to carefully assess the issue and implement an appropriate solution.

5. How can you prevent performance bottlenecks?

To prevent performance bottlenecks, it is important to regularly monitor system performance and conduct load testing to identify potential issues before they become major problems. Additionally, optimizing code and regularly upgrading hardware and resources can help prevent bottlenecks from occurring.