Solving Op amp with nodal equations

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with solving a circuit problem. They have attempted multiple times but have not been able to get the correct answer. The helper requests to see their attempt before providing help. The person also asks for tips on determining the direction of current. After several attempts, they still struggle with determining the direction of current.
Alex Santos

Homework Statement

Find V0 and i0 of the circuit.

Homework Equations

KCL

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried multiple times and never got the right answer.
--------------

Hello, I am having trouble solving a problem. I will link a picture of the problem with answers, but it just seems I can't get it right. Also if someone has a good rule of thumb when applying direction of current it would be highly appreciated to get to know it.

Attachments

• 20141019_164039.jpg
    20141019_164039.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 346
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you show us at least one of your attempts? It's a Forum requirement that before you can receive help you must show some attempt in order that helpers can evaluate the level of help you need.

Pleas show as your attempt. And do you know that if op amp works in linear region the voltage at inverting input will be 0V.

Yes of course I am trying to do this once again, I will post my results and show you.

Here is my attempted result, as you can see the current I0 is incorrect and therefor the rest of the problem is incorrect. Any tips on strategy how to solve those problems is welcome.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Attachments

• 20141019_171619.jpg
    20141019_171619.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 351
Here is another attempt, This time I got the current right but in the wrong direction, It confuses me how to determine the direction of current, It always seems like its flowing out of the node all the time at every node.
ieG5LtL.jpg

I don't see where you determined V3 to plug into the last equation. Otherwise you seem to be doing okay.

It's an inverting amplifier, so V3 is going to be -6V here.

Related to Solving Op amp with nodal equations

1. How do I solve an op amp using nodal equations?

To solve an op amp using nodal equations, you first need to identify the input and output nodes of the circuit. Then, write Kirchhoff's current law equations for each node, setting the output node as the reference node. Finally, solve the resulting system of equations to find the voltage at the output node.

2. What is the purpose of using nodal equations to solve an op amp circuit?

Nodal equations allow you to analyze the behavior of an op amp circuit and determine the voltage at the output node. This is important for understanding the amplification and filtering properties of the circuit.

3. Can nodal equations be used for all op amp circuits?

Yes, nodal equations can be used for all op amp circuits. However, they are most commonly used for circuits with multiple inputs and feedback components.

4. Are there any limitations to using nodal equations to solve an op amp circuit?

One limitation of using nodal equations is that they assume ideal op amp behavior, which may not always hold true in real-world circuits. Additionally, nodal analysis can become more complex for circuits with a large number of components.

5. What are some tips for effectively solving op amp circuits with nodal equations?

To effectively solve op amp circuits with nodal equations, it is important to clearly identify the input and output nodes and label them accordingly. Additionally, it can be helpful to simplify the circuit by combining resistors in series or parallel before writing the nodal equations. Finally, always double-check your calculations and make sure they align with the expected behavior of the circuit.