Solving Maple Procedure Issues with DE_soln

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a procedure that is used to generate a list of solutions for a test function. The procedure involves replacing a variable, _C1, with specific numbers in the list. However, when the test function is plugged into the procedure, the solutions are still in the form of the original function with _C1. The individual has tried various solutions, but is still unable to get the procedure to substitute the numbers for _C1. They are seeking further assistance.
Warr
Having a problem with a procedure

the procedure is

> proc1:=proc(f,a,b,xmin,xmax)
> local locallist;
> locallist:=[seq(rhs(f),_C1=a..b)];
> RETURN(locallist);
> end;

the test function I am using for f is

DE_soln = y(x) = (arctan(x)+_C1)/(1+x^2)^2;

Which I got from using the dsolve for a differential equation

When I generated a sequence of this externally (not using the procedure)

with the following command

DE_soln_list := [seq(rhs(DE_soln),_C1=-2..2)];

I got a set of 5 solutions with just had the _C1 replaced by -2,-1,0,1,2 in each respective 'solution'

When I try plugging DE_soln into the procedure, it returns a list of 5 solutions, but all in the form (arctan(x)+_C1)/(1+x^2)^2

_C1 was simply a variable created by dsolve when solving the differential equation.

How do I get the procedure to sub in the numbers for _C1, because it seems that it works differently inside the procedure (I tried to declare _C1 as a local variable inside the procedure but that did nothing)

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I've honestly tried everything I can think of and looked on ever maple forum. Maybe I'm missing something...

It seems like the issue here is that the procedure is not properly substituting the values for _C1. One solution could be to modify the procedure to also accept a list of values for _C1, and then use a loop to substitute each value into the function f before adding it to the locallist. Another option could be to modify the procedure to use the solve command to solve for _C1 and then substitute the values into the function f. It would be helpful to see the full code and the desired output to provide a more specific solution.

Related to Solving Maple Procedure Issues with DE_soln

What is the purpose of DE_soln in solving Maple procedure issues?

The DE_soln function in Maple is designed to help solve differential equations. It takes in a differential equation and returns the solutions in terms of functions or numerical values.

How do I use DE_soln to solve a Maple procedure issue?

To use DE_soln, you will need to first define your differential equation using the diff command. Then, you can use the DE_soln function and input your differential equation as the first argument. You can also specify any initial conditions or parameters as additional arguments if needed.

What types of differential equations can be solved using DE_soln?

DE_soln can solve a wide range of differential equations, including ordinary differential equations (ODEs), partial differential equations (PDEs), and systems of differential equations. It can also handle equations with variable coefficients and initial or boundary conditions.

Can DE_soln handle complex equations or systems of equations?

Yes, DE_soln can handle both real and complex equations, as well as systems of equations. It uses advanced algorithms and techniques to find solutions, making it a powerful tool for solving complex problems.

Are there any common issues or errors that may occur when using DE_soln?

One common issue that may occur when using DE_soln is that it may not be able to find an analytical solution for certain types of equations. In these cases, it will return an error message. It is also important to check for typos or errors in the definition of the differential equation before using DE_soln.