The Jessica Lynch Story: Fact vs Fiction

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fiction
In summary: It is refreshing to hear something other than the same old "I was a POW, I know what it is like" rhetoric.I completely agree with you. I think she was taken advantage of and exploited by the government and the media.
Originally posted by phatmonky
I can only deal with what is posted master zero [zz)]
Try dealing with teh points of the thread, not your opinion of the people, ok?

And check your PM inbox.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Zero
Specifically, it was the media runniong with DOD spin, without actually checking any of the facts.

I thought the origional report was through an embedded reporter and then through centcom. Wasn't the filming done by an embed and then edited by either centcom or the pentagon?

Originally posted by kat
I thought the origional report was through an embedded reporter and then through centcom. Wasn't the filming done by an embed and then edited by either centcom or the pentagon?
Well, embedded reporters are the first line of the Pentagon spin machine, aren't they?

Well, embedded reporters are the first line of the Pentagon spin machine, aren't they?

lol, considering it's the many of the same media outlets that have embeds that were later pointing fingers...

Originally posted by kat
lol, considering it's the many of the same media outlets that have embeds that were later pointing fingers...
Yeah, well, it friggin took them long enough, didn't it?

Yeah, well, it friggin took them long enough, didn't it?
I think this comment officially makes you a sucker:wink: :wink:

Originally posted by kat
I think this comment officially makes you a sucker:wink: :wink:
I think your comment just made you a target...

I think your comment just made you a target...

oops!

Originally posted by kat
oops!
It is your own fault...I'm looking at the Nuclear Posture Review, and I think I can adapt it to you pretty easliy...

OK, you get one reply, and then let's get back on topic, ok?

Origionally posted by Phat man scoop
you were there? you know this? Wow! WRite a book about it!

I am only posting to what has been said, and the proof of what actually happened out there.

To be in the Military you have to be brave, nobody is questioning that, it is only the mission that is being questioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Andy

To be in the Military you have to be brave, nobody is questioning that, it is only the mission that is being questioned.

Exactly

Damn you Zero! I was only trying to have some fun!

and yes i know the rules. :frown: