Solving Complex Questions with Superposition and Norton's Theorem

In summary, the person is seeking help with determining current flow through a 2 ohms resistor using superposition and Norton's theorem. They also request a website for more examples on solving complex questions. The conversation also includes a discussion on Thevenin's and Norton's theorems, as well as finding RT and calculating current flow.
MICHEAL

Homework Statement

I am trying to find the answer to this questions and I am reading ahead of my exams this next January . And I am going through the past questions

a. Determine current flowing through 2 ohms resistor using superposition and nortons theorem

Please I need a site that can give different examples on how to solve more complex questions Please I just like your help. It will prepare me a lot

Thank you.

Thevenems:
3*12=8I 36=8I
I=4.5A 36V=8*4.5A+Vab Vab=0V

Rt =8+12=20R

I = 0/2R+20R
I=0A

Nortons = In=I8 + I12
I8=36/8=4.5A I8=36/12=3A
In=4A+3A
In =7A

Find RT= 2*(8+12)/2+8+12=40/22
RT=20/11

I = 7*20/11/20/11+2=140/42/11
I got Lost here

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• I am trying to find the answer to this questions and I am reading ahead of my exams this next Janua
    26.5 KB · Views: 217
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, sorry to say that I didn't understand your question. First, what is 8R? Is it a 8ohms resistor? What is your 3A? Is it a 3 amperes current flow? Maybe if u can attach a more clearer circuit diagram, I might be able to help you.
We use superposition when we interfere several sources in the circuit. I had a hard time studying in this kind of chapter before during my first semester in university, but it will be so easy when you try a lot of questions and understand how to apply on it.
My experience told me that if you are willing to spend your time on exercises, don't worry, you will be able to score.

I need Help

The questions has been attached with this mail
I am trying to find the answer to this questions and I am reading ahead of my exams this next January . And I am going through the past questions

a. Determine current flowing through 2 ohms resistor using superposition and nortons theorem

Please I need a site that can give different examples on how to solve more complex questions Please I just like your help. It will prepare me a lot

Thank you.

Thevenems:
3*12=8I 36=8I
I=4.5A 36V=8*4.5A+Vab Vab=0V

Rt =8+12=20R

I = 0/2R+20R
I=0A

Nortons = In=I8 + I12
I8=36/8=4.5A I8=36/12=3A
In=4A+3A
In =7A

Find RT= 2*(8+12)/2+8+12=40/22
RT=20/11

I = 7*20/11/20/11+2=140/42/11
I got Lost here

Attachments

• I am trying to find the answer to this questions and I am reading ahead of my exams this next Janua
    25.5 KB · Views: 186

Related to Solving Complex Questions with Superposition and Norton's Theorem

1. What is Superposition and how is it used to solve complex questions?

Superposition is a principle in physics that states that when multiple forces or inputs act on a system, the resulting output can be calculated by adding together the individual outputs from each input. In the context of electrical circuits, this means that the total current or voltage at a specific point can be determined by summing the currents or voltages caused by each individual source in the circuit. This principle is used to simplify complex circuits and solve for unknown quantities.

2. What is Norton's Theorem and how is it related to Superposition?

Norton's Theorem is a mathematical technique used to simplify complex electrical circuits by replacing a portion of the circuit with a single current source and a resistor in parallel. This theorem is based on the principle of Superposition, as it utilizes the idea of calculating the total output of a circuit by summing the individual contributions of each source.

3. How do you apply Superposition and Norton's Theorem to solve a circuit?

To apply Superposition and Norton's Theorem to a circuit, you first need to identify all the individual sources in the circuit. Then, you need to analyze each source separately and calculate the corresponding output (current or voltage) at the desired point in the circuit. Finally, you can use the principle of Superposition to sum all these outputs and determine the total output at the desired point.

4. What are the benefits of using Superposition and Norton's Theorem to solve circuits?

The use of Superposition and Norton's Theorem can greatly simplify complex circuits, making them easier to analyze and understand. This technique also allows for the calculation of individual source contributions, which can be useful when designing and troubleshooting circuits. Additionally, these theorems can be applied to both AC and DC circuits, making them applicable to a wide range of electrical systems.

5. Are there any limitations to using Superposition and Norton's Theorem?

While Superposition and Norton's Theorem can be powerful tools for solving complex circuits, they do have some limitations. These theorems assume that the circuit is linear, meaning that the output is directly proportional to the input. They also assume that the circuit is in a steady state, meaning that all transient effects have been accounted for. In some cases, these assumptions may not hold true and the results obtained from Superposition and Norton's Theorem may be inaccurate.