Solving an Equation with h=0: Is 2-2x the Answer?

• Thread starter B4ssHunter
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed an equation involving a limit as h approaches 0, and there was confusion about the correct answer. The correct answer is 2, not 2-2x, and there may have been a sign mistake in the original equation.
B4ssHunter
so i was working on this equation , and in the end i came to
Lim H>0 2-h+2xh
so now i am supposed to treat H as 0
so shouldn't it be 2-(0)+2x(0) = 2 ?
i know the answer is 2-2x , as if we just removed the H , but isn't multiplying anything be zero make it a zero itself ? * 2x*0 = 0 ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey B4ssHunter.

Is there meant to be a h in the denominator? Is this is some sort of differentiation problem via first principles?

how can there be an h in the denominator. that would make it undefined

B4ssHunter said:
so i was working on this equation , and in the end i came to
Lim H>0 2-h+2xh
so now i am supposed to treat H as 0
so shouldn't it be 2-(0)+2x(0) = 2 ?
i know the answer is 2-2x , as if we just removed the H , but isn't multiplying anything be zero make it a zero itself ? * 2x*0 = 0 ?
IF lim(h->0) 2- h+ 2xh is, in fact, correct, then the limit is 2, not 2- 2x.

So if you you say "I know the answer is 2- 2x", then 2- h+ 2xh must be incorrect. Please tell us what the entire problem is.

oh i apologize , i made a sign mistake .. i am really really sorry :S

Related to Solving an Equation with h=0: Is 2-2x the Answer?

1. How do I solve an equation with h=0?

To solve an equation with h=0, you can simply substitute 0 for h in the equation. This will eliminate the variable h and make it easier to solve.

2. What does it mean when h=0 in an equation?

When h=0 in an equation, it means that the variable h has a value of 0. This can simplify the equation and make it easier to solve.

3. Can I solve an equation with h=0 by factoring?

Yes, you can still solve an equation with h=0 by factoring. The process is the same as factoring with any other value for the variable.

4. Why is 2-2x the answer when h=0 in an equation?

When h=0, the equation becomes 2-2x=0. To solve for x, you can divide both sides by 2, which gives you x=1. Therefore, the answer is 2-2x=0 when h=0.

5. Can I use substitution to solve an equation with h=0?

Yes, you can use substitution to solve an equation with h=0. You can substitute 0 for h and then solve for the remaining variable(s).