Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of burning dollar bills as a form of protest for world peace. Some suggest donating the money instead, while others mock the effectiveness of the protest. The conversation also touches on the possibility of Emanon performing shows in California and his/her identity.
Physics news on Phys.org
Or you could send me your dollar. I promise I'll burn for you.

edit: are you actually Emanon? If so that's kinda a surprise to see you here... I have seen that name quite a few times on another message board known for shifting its shape.

Last edited:
EMANON the monkey with no name...that is me...there is only one of me...

Keep burning those dollars for World Peace otherwise it will never happen.

and you do shows n cali right?

Where did you get that from? Burning dollar bills for world peace?? Should I interpret that as: let's deplete the US from money so that they won't have the finances to take military actions?

Interesting, but that sounds really stupid.

Originally posted by On Radioactive Waves
and you do shows n cali right?

All expenses paid and $10,000 a night?
Yes, speak to my agent.

Originally posted by Monique
Where did you get that from? Burning dollar bills for world peace?? Should I interpret that as: let's deplete the US from money so that they won't have the finances to take military actions?

Interesting, but that sounds really stupid.

Well the idea is quite simple...
Any american citizen can open up their wallet and pull out a $1 bill, light a match and set fire to it.

This gives them the satisfaction of making a recognised protest without having to actually do anything other than burn a dollar-bill. They know they burnt it and they can burn it infront of someone if they like.

It is a protest that will actually be felt by the Government.

No one profits from this protest, there is no wasted time, or public money in policing it.

IT IS THE PERFECT PROTEST.

So if you want World Peace to happen, burn a dollar bill on July 15th until it does.

As I said that is the most stupididous thing, if you feel like protesting, donate that dollar to a non-profit organisation involved in world peace, there are about 200,000,000 americans.. if everyone donates the dollar instead of burning it.. which nationality are you emanon?

can i do this metaphorically cos i live in the uk and don't have any dollar bills. the only paper money we have is £5, £10, £20, or £50 notes.

I got to second that.

200 million americans each burning $1 (even if everyone did it).

The GDP of USA is in the trillions. I don't think the government would bat an eye.

Seriously, donate it to Amnesty International, etc.

I didn't have any dollar bills so I put four quarters on the stove.

Originally posted by emanon
All expenses paid and $10,000 a night?
Yes, speak to my agent.

Not to sound out of the loop, but who is emanon?

Oh, and try hard to impress me,I live in Cali, and I don't get starstruck easily, so otherwise, speak to my hand:wink:

PS, if you really want to impress me, contribute to the cause and burn 10k:wink: I mean hey, it's one night's work right?

Last edited:
take the labor out of bruning ans send them to me so i can burn them...

What is "Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY" all about?

"Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY" is a day dedicated to promoting world peace by burning a dollar bill as a symbolic gesture.

When is "Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY" celebrated?

This day is celebrated on September 9th every year.

Why is a dollar bill specifically chosen to be burned for world peace?

The dollar bill is a universally recognized symbol of money and material wealth. By burning it, we are rejecting the idea that money is the most important thing in the world and promoting the idea that peace and human connections are more valuable.

Are there any specific rules or guidelines for burning a dollar bill on this day?

No, there are no specific rules or guidelines for burning a dollar bill on this day. However, it is important to make sure that the burning is done safely and responsibly, and that all local laws and regulations are followed.

How can I participate in "Today is: INTERNATIONAL BURN A DOLLAR BILL FOR WORLD PEACE DAY"?

You can participate in this day by burning a dollar bill and reflecting on the importance of peace in our world. You can also spread awareness about this day and its message through social media and other platforms.