Solving Amperes Law Problem - B=2.15T, Answer in Tm

In summary, to solve an Amperes Law problem with a given B value, use the equation B = μ0 * I / (2π * r) and plug in the given B value to solve for the unknown variable. The unit for the answer in an Amperes Law problem is Tesla-meter (Tm), which is a combination of the unit for magnetic field strength and the unit for distance. To convert the answer from Tm to another unit, use the provided conversion factors. Solving an Amperes Law problem allows us to calculate the magnetic field strength at a specific distance from a current-carrying wire, which is important in understanding the effects of electric currents on magnetic fields and in designing electric circuits and devices.
Heath90

Homework Statement

A constant magnetic field points to the right. B= 2.15 T. Answer in Tm .

Homework Equations

∫βDs=μI

The Attempt at a Solution

Just got introduced to these problems so not really sure how or what to integrate.3

Attachments

• Amperes Law for constant B-Field.bmp.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 145
Physics news on Phys.org
NM I got it the answers is zero since the perpendicular components to the field are zero, and the parallel ones go in opposite directions, and therefore cancel as well.

Related to Solving Amperes Law Problem - B=2.15T, Answer in Tm

1. How do I solve an Amperes Law problem with a given B value?

To solve an Amperes Law problem, you need to use the equation B = μ0 * I / (2π * r), where B is the magnetic field strength, μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the electric current, and r is the distance from the current-carrying wire. Simply plug in the given B value and solve for the unknown variable.

2. What is the unit for the answer in an Amperes Law problem?

The unit for the answer in an Amperes Law problem is Tesla-meter (Tm). This unit is a combination of the unit for magnetic field strength (Tesla or T) and the unit for distance (meter or m).

3. How do I convert the answer from Tm to another unit?

To convert the answer from Tm to another unit, you can use the following conversion factors:

• 1 Tm = 10,000 Gauss
  • 1 Tm = 1,000 Milligauss
  • 1 Tm = 0.0001 Tesla
  • 1 Tm = 0.1 Kilogauss

4. What is the significance of solving an Amperes Law problem?

Solving an Amperes Law problem allows us to calculate the magnetic field strength at a specific distance from a current-carrying wire. This is important in understanding the effects of electric currents on magnetic fields and in the design of electric circuits and devices.

5. Can I use Amperes Law to calculate the magnetic field strength in any situation?

No, Amperes Law can only be used to calculate the magnetic field strength for a long, straight, current-carrying wire. It cannot be applied to more complex situations such as a loop of wire or a solenoid. In those cases, other equations and principles must be used.